Executive Assistant to the President & Director of Special Events
The Executive Assistant will perform highly-responsible and complex administrative work that requires a vast knowledge of University policies, procedures and operations.
The Executive Assistant will also be the primary coordinator for numerous events and functions hosted by the President's Office; exercise independent judgment in relieving the President and Cabinet members of administrative detail; assist in the maintenance of a positive image of the University through recurring contact with members of the Foundation Board, University of Georgia system office personnel, senior administrators, students, parents, public officials and community members.
- Provide executive level administrative support to the President - makes appointments; schedules meetings; prepares correspondence; answers phone for the President; manages calendar to balance competing requests and priority issues; schedules meeting rooms and conference call meetings
- Serves as a key point of contact for and planning coordinator of special on and off-campus events necessitating the attendance of the President; these special events include, but are not necessarily limited to Founders Day, Ham & Eggs Breakfast, Faculty & Staff Institute, Homecoming & Commencement
- Partners with the relevant senior leader(s), and formulates and engages campus task forces and/or committees as necessary to ensure the proper execution of special events
- Works with both internal and external constituents to ensure campus events are executed in a timely manner and with a high level of professionalism and customer service
- Provides day-to-day operational direction to the FVSU events coordinator/director as it relates to any designated special events and any other events hosted on or off campus that are deemed important to the marketing and reputational image of the university and the Office of the President
- Promote a positive image of the College by responding to inquiries from a variety of individuals (e.g., students, parents, faculty, staff, legislators, alumni, the media, and public and private officials), providing information regarding College policies or decisions, referring inquiries to the appropriate office or person, resolving problems, and following up to determine the inquirer's satisfaction with the response
- Serve as recorder of Cabinet meetings
- Exercise discretion in handling administrative records, files, and similar confidential items
- Prepare letters, memos and other related documents from scratch, rough drafts, and corrected copies utilizing various business software programs
- Assist in coordinating tenure and promotion reviews and other forms of appeal
- Coordinate meetings and agendas for Administrative Council
- Assist with the management of budgets under control of the President's Office by maintaining records, reconciling and verifying vouchers and receipts for accuracy
- Produce financial reports and summaries and prepare requisitions
- Maintain clean, comprehensive filing system
- Create files and records within overall office protocols and guidelines, update files and records, and retrieve files and documents as needed
- Coordinate the nomination process for yearly college awards to faculty and staff
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
- Other essential job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of university and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of university departments and their functions.
- Knowledge of University System of Georgia policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of budget processes.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in attending to details.
- Skill in identifying and solving problems.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The President assigns work in terms of very general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include Board of Regents policies and procedures and university policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of varied management and administrative duties. The need to perform multiple tasks simultaneously contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to manage the day-to-day operations of the President's Office. Successful performance helps ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of those operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university employees, students, parents, civic and community leaders, elected and appointed officials, donors, vendors, retirees, business leaders, consultants, representatives of other colleges or universities, representatives of the University System of Georgia, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, provide services, or negotiate matters.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position supervises student workers and may provide supervision of other administrative professionals in the President's Office.
- Bachelor's degree
- Four years of administrative and/or event planning experience
- Computer literacy and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software
- Superior interpersonal abilities and excellent verbal communication skills, including telephone etiquette and techniques
- Precise command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and the correct usage of the English language
- Strong communication skills and ability to establish and maintain cooperative and harmonious working relationships with a variety of staff and customers
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing various software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, and others
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and maintain efficiency and composure
- Ability to consistently multitask while accurately attending to detail
- Ability to work independently, use initiative, and make substantive decisions quickly
- Ability to keep related business transactions and all correspondence confidential
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.