Assistant Director, Alumni Engagement
- Build and manage alumni relationships through various social, professional, and service-oriented platforms. This will include one-on-one relationship building with key alumni leaders; managing alumni engagement activities; partnering with colleagues in unit-based and regional alumni engagement roles; and other outreach programs to engage alumni in the life of the University.
- Provide project management duties related to campus-wide alumni programming, student to alumni transition (i.e., Grad Fest), Pioneer Days, Dine and Dialogue, etc.
- Recruit and interviews volunteer candidates and ensures that volunteers are adequately trained and oriented to their assigned departments. Evaluates effectiveness of continuing education and in-service training activities.
- Ensures that volunteers are matched to appropriate positions. Creates volunteer role job descriptions.
- Strives for growth in the volunteer program and develops a plan to recruit new volunteers and sets goals for that development.
- Manages programming and engagement for the volunteer leadership program including monthly newsletter communication, webinar and seminar training, an annual calendar and the online volunteer Slack platform for communication.
- Coordinates with the Advancement Marketing and Communications team to create Volunteer Leadership Network collateral communications and affinity group reunion collateral.
- Assures the ongoing development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the Volunteer Leadership Network. Assures the implementation and maintenance of quality control programs as appropriate.
- Manages all individual volunteer inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Manages volunteer on-boarding and off boarding process
- Coordinates annual volunteer recognition and any other proceedings that support volunteers.
- Creates and implements a process to document and track volunteer service hours.
- Manage Volunteer Hub to coordinate all unit volunteer opportunities for alumni.
- Implements and maintains volunteer coding procedure.
- Manages and implements a Social Media Ambassador Volunteer Program.
- Manages the relationships in a portfolio of volunteers.
- Stewards and cultivates volunteers toward philanthropic participation.
Network Group Management
- Manages relationships for affinity network leaders.
- Collaborates with Alumni Engagement Team to create meaningful alumni experiences that connect alumni back to the University of Denver
- Creates engagement strategies for cultural, professional, generational and special interest alumni affinity groups
- In coordination with the Events and Protocol Team leads and oversees all PALs and ACTION activities and programming.
- Manages 50th reunion activities and programming in coordination with Events and Protocol Team.
- Coordinates ad-hock alumni affinity gatherings in coordination with Events and Protocol Team.
Partnerships & University Citizenship
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all advancement partners and other campus colleagues, to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative advancement practices.
- Model "One DU" leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and attitude of customer service.
- Ability to be very flexible and adapt to change.
- Ability to manage time well, particularly while managing competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a group.
- Ability to take initiative, keep a positive attitude, and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Adept at problem-solving, critical thinking, and using judgment in situations that that require sensitivity and tact.
- Ability to recommend and add unique touches that increase the impact of volunteer experiences.
- Ability to manage volunteers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to represent the University of Denver, and its major initiatives and units, in a variety of capacities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to foster and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, donors, volunteers, and University Officials.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups having competing interests and priorities within the University and community.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3 years of customer or constituent relations experience.
- Experience working in higher education, or similar complex setting.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.