Full Benefits Package
April 30, 2018
Until job position is filled
Under general directions, the post-award specialist participates in all pre-and post-award grant and contract processes; in conjunction with the Grants Accountant, establishes accounts, reviews and maintains budgets, records, and computer databases, troubleshoots system implementation of grant/contract awards; processes necessary corrections, reallocations, travel advances, and requisitions. This position reports directly to the Vice Provost for Accreditation/Title III Program Director/Sponsored Programs and must have experience with the grant management process, proven organizational planning and leadership skills, strong budget and financial management skills, experience with project management, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Reviews external proposal budgets and certifications; ensures compliance with University and Federal policies and procedures.
- Establishes accounts; allocates award budgets; maintain budget for faculty development programs, including reconciliation and transfers; maintains all official award records.
- Provides pre-and post-award general support; troubleshoots internal and external grant/contract system implementation.
- Prepares and processes transaction corrections, labor reallocations, and checks request for purchase orders.
- Maintains computer databases of grant and contract transaction, statistical information, project files and other support information such as tracking documents through the approval process.
- Analyzes request from awardees regarding changes in fund allocations, equipment purchase and other transactions.
- Collects reviews, and disseminate program and budget update and reports.
- Utilizes software (Excel, Access) to improve workflow and provides improved ways of collecting and reporting internal and external accounting information.
- Assists in compilation of data for the Office of Sponsored Programs/Title III Annual reports, and SACSCOC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required: Master’s degree preferred.
Any equivalent combination of experience and /or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities
have been achieved.
Walking, bending, squatting, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Send Applications, Resume, Transcripts and three Letters of Recommendations to :
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298
Notices and Disclaimers:
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans. No Phone Calls Please.
Apply for Post-Award Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly