Senior Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations - College of Agricultural, Consumer and Envir
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Senior Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Primary Position Function/Summary
This is a twelve-month, full-time, Senior Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations position in the College of ACES at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
We are seeking a dynamic candidate who will serve as a member of the advancement team reporting to the Assistant Dean of Advancement and will be responsible for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate major gift/grant prospects. The successful candidate will manage, develop and execute comprehensive engagement strategies and plans for select corporations; match corporate needs with the expertise of the College of ACES in areas such as student engagement and pipeline, instruction, research, philanthropy, professional development, entrepreneurship and innovation; identify and develop opportunities with foundations with areas of expertise within the College.
On October 13, 2017, the university launched its fourth comprehensive campaign. "With Illinois" is the most ambitious philanthropic initiative in its history. The goal is to raise $2.25 billion in support of Illinois students, faculty, research, and infrastructure and to continue to elevate the values that make Illinois distinctive: a sense of boundless aspiration, collaborative research, and global perspective. The College of ACES has set a campaign goal to raise $200 million.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and monitor all aspects of the College's corporate relations strategies in accordance to established performance metrics. Plan and execute engagement objectives with select corporations.
- Coordinate with College of ACES faculty/staff, programs, academies and departments to identify and target new corporations and foundations, work with existing corporate partners, and develop engagement strategies.
- Work with gift officers and faculty/staff in the College of ACES, Office of Foundation Relations, Office of Corporate Relations and throughout campus to implement these programs and strategies.
- Together with University of Illinois Foundation and Office of Corporate Relations colleagues, conduct in-depth research and analysis of corporations.
- Serve as a contact for the College and the Office of Advancement regarding their corporate engagement efforts, including the development of annual corporate action plans.
- Prepare comprehensive proposals for support in collaboration with faculty and administrators. Develop novel programs for engaging corporations with the College of ACES and the campus. Provide input to the campus for multi-unit asks.
- Manage a full portfolio of corporate prospects and corporate partners, determining frequency of contact needed.
- Facilitate visits with representatives of corporations to campus.
- Stay current on design/trends/industry practices, assessing and communicating their potential impact to the ACES Advancement team.
- Maintain a travel schedule of 30 - 50 % time including some evenings and weekends.
- Use knowledge of university, campus and College and knowledge of corporate relations to ensure timely, accurate responses to requests for information.
- Facilitate effective stewardship of corporate relationships through reporting, ongoing contact and public recognition of engagement.
- Work with the Assistant Dean of Advancement and fellow gift officers to plan implement strategies to meet fundraising goals and objectives.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts from corporate and foundation partners on behalf of the College of ACES.
- Develop personalized proposals for funding of prioritized projects and initiatives.
- Contribute to event planning, publications, and marketing/communication efforts associated with cultivation and stewardship of corporate donors.
- Supervise the Associate Director of Corporate Engagement including conducting performance evaluations, approve time/leave, recommending salary increases and assigning/reviewing work.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 years of fundraising experience in corporate relations
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Master's degree in an agriculture field or related area
- Experience working with or for foundations
- Prior experience working in higher education or background and knowledge of the University of Illinois and College of ACES
- Basic knowledge of higher education administration.
- Experience supervising professional staff.
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by January 17, 2018. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume and the names, address, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references. For more information regarding application procedures, contact Katie Walker, [email protected]. Questions about the position should be directed to Kimberly Meenen at [email protected]. The proposed starting date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Interviews may take place prior to the closing date; however, no decision will be made until after that date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Senior Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations - College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (A1700748)
Open Date: 12/06/2017
Organization Name: Ofc VC Inst Advancement