Assistant Coach - Women's Volleyball
General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Coach of Women’s Volleyball assists with the organization and supervision of all aspects of the Volleyball team within the parameters designated by the university, the America East Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Assist with all aspects of student-athlete development and performance of the women’s intercollegiate volleyball program, to include:
•Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes
•Conducting and supervising practices and player conditioning
•Scouting of future opponents
•Assist with the preparation and implementation of game strategies
•Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within the volleyball program
•Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes
2.Assist with oversight of administrative functions within the women’s intercollegiate volleyball program:
•Participating in conference and NCAA meetings
•Adhering to all conference and NCAA rules/requirements relevant to the conduct of the intercollegiate volleyball program
•Preparing information relevant to budgeting, equipment needs, team travel, and program concerns
•Coordinate seasonal clinics and summer camps; registration, advertising, organizing, etc…
3. Provide supervision of staff of the women’s volleyball program by:
•Assigning responsibilities to part-time or volunteer staff
4.Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
•Providing assistance with departmental fund-raising
•Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions
•Serving in public relations capacities as needed
•Encouraging staff and student-athletes to participate in community outreach activities. 10%
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
•Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
•Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
•Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years successful experience in coaching volleyball, recruiting and administration at the collegiate level
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of techniques and strategies of the sport
- Commitment to high ethical standards and academics success
- Experience working effectively in diverse environments
- Strong organizational skills
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a background check and criminal offender record information (CORI) check and review.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
* CPR, First Aid, CLERY and Title IX certification required within first 30 days of employment.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.