Professional Advisor/Student Support (part-time/non-benefited)
General Summary of Position:
The Professional Academic Advisor/Student Success will focus on assisting with advising, registration, running Advisement Reports and assist undergraduate students in changing majors. The position will support programming and academic support initiatives and will assist the Coordinator with organization of tutor scheduling, front desk scheduling and outreach efforts.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's Degree with experience in higher education required
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience, program development and strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Student Information Systems (SIS) preferred
- Working knowledge of academic support best practices
- Strong verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Computer literate and competency in navigating and performing data entry in a Windows environment
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Participation in evening programming and outreach initiatives
- Master’s Degree preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a part-time/temporary, non-unit, non-benefited position. This position is for 18 hours/week.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.