Assistant Coach - Women's Basketball (multiple positions)
General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach provides assistance in all phases of coaching the Division I women’s basketball program including: student-athlete recruitment, game preparation, player evaluation, academic coordination and practice and game coaching. Also provide administrative support as assigned.
1. Assist in all aspects of the student-athlete development and performance of the women’s basketball program, to include:
• Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes
• Conducting and supervising practices and player conditioning
• Scouting of future opponents
• Assist with the preparation, implementation of game strategies, and basketball analytics
• Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within the women’s basketball program
• Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes
2. Assist with administrative functions with the women’s basketball program:
•Coordinating travel for recruiting and official visits
•Serve as recruiting coordinator for women’s basketball staff.
•Monitoring academic progress of student-athletes
•Assisting with basketball camps and clinics
3. Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
•Assisting the head coach in coordinating all aspects of fund-raising and community service
•Providing leadership and direction to the program’s community service activities
•Assisting in the development and implementation of marketing strategies designed to enhance the image and visibility of the women’s basketball program
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
•Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed
•Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information
•Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- First Assistant Level: 2-3 years successful experience coaching basketball at the NCAA Division I level and/or previous Head Coaching experience at the collegiate level
- Second Assistant Level: 1-3 years successful experience coaching basketball at the college level
- Third Assistant Level: 1-3 years successful experience coaching basketball at the college level
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with college students
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations
- Experience working effectively in diverse environments
- Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a background check and criminal offender record information (CORI) check and review.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
* CPR, First Aid, CLERY and Title IX certification required within first 30 days of employment.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.