Postdoctoral Research Associate - Computer Science
General Summary of Position:
The successful applicant will conduct analytical and experimental research in the areas of deep learning, image analysis, machine learning, multimedia and mobile computing with an emphasis on prototype design, data analytics, algorithm evaluation, system deployment, and mobile health application development and validation, and help immediate supervisor in writing scholarly articles and proposals.
The initial appointment will be for one year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Health Informatics, or closely related field _
- Doctoral degree obtained from a qualified university in the field of study
- Deep learning, machine learning, image processing, multimedia computing, mobile computing, data analytics, programming language and compilers
- Familiarity of Linux platform and open source software development
- Familiarity of programming languages such as Java/ C/C++/Matlab, and LaTex tools
- Should have had at least one quality peer-reviewed publications in well-respected journals or conference on related computational methods
- Foreign applicants should have excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, as well as within a team environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for one year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.