Project Manager - Facilities
General Summary of Position:
The Facilities Project Manager (PM) may serve as the University’s representative and project manager on ranging from major capital to campus renovation, renewal and infrastructure projects. In general, this position will be responsible for managing all phases of the assigned projects to ensure on time, in budget delivery in alignment with University strategies, initiatives and campus design standards, as well as relevant codes.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or relevant discipline is required
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive project management experience in design, architecture, engineering and/or construction industry including working effectively with multi-disciplinary client teams
- Minimum of three (3) years as Owners Project Representative managing renovation and/or infrastructure projects in a large institutional setting with direct experience on project programming, scoping and estimating and design development
- Must complete MCPPO (Massachusetts Procurement Training) with demonstrated understanding of C149, C149A, and C3039M regulations within 1 year of assignment
- Must complete OSHA10 certification within 6 months of assignment
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Building Codes, BOCA Codes, and ADA regulations
- Ability to read and interpret CADD drawings and specifications
- Professional Master’s degree and/or complementary professional degree in architecture, design, engineering, construction, planning, landscape or related discipline helpful
- Construction industry and/or project management related certifications or registrations such as Registered Architect, Professional Engineer, Construction Supervisor, LEED, BIM, BOCE
- Experience with oversight of ground-up construction or multi-million-dollar construction projects, laboratory buildings, science facilities, institution/residential buildings, and other institutional facilities is desirable
- Experience with design or installation of mechanical, electrical, or plumbing systems. Working knowledge of MEPS specifications, current industry standards, and energy codes is desirable
- Experience with Massachusetts public procurement construction laws is highly desirable
- Ability to prepare CADD drawings
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.