Facilities Information Records Manager - Office of Facilities Management
General Summary of Position:
UMass Lowell is experiencing significant yearly growth in enrollment and student retention rates while also increasing its ability to attract research funding. Concurrently, the University has embarked on a major capital construction program. This growth has presented challenges and opportunities related to the management, archiving, cataloguing, and retrieval of capital project and non-project records in Facilities Management.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Campus Planning and Development, who oversees Facilities Information Systems, this position will support the 4 groups within Facilities Management: Capital Project Management, Planning, Operations and Services, and Business Administration. This position will develop and implement records management, archiving, indexing, and cataloguing of all project and non-project Facilities records in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies. Systems will be created, maintained, and consistently improved with a focus on utility, consistency, ease of retrieval, and integration with existing tools and work processes.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the design and construction process and related document management and archiving issues. The candidate will also coordinate with department staff, including campus planners, operations and capital project management staff, as well as working to include additional administrative departments at the university and consultant teams. The work of the Facilities Information Records Manager will vary widely and include developing and improving document management systems within Facilities Management; working with capital project teams to ensure delivery of as-builts; updating archival information; training department staff in document management; and supervising student interns.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Sciences, Archival Science, Information Technology, Informatics, Architecture, Engineering Construction Management or related field and 3-5 years of experience, Associate’s degree in one of these fields and 5-7 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of degree and relevant experience
- Overall computer literacy and computer skills; specifically, working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Autodesk, and image processing software
- Strong understanding of the construction process and archiving issues surrounding construction activities, the built environment, and physical conditions on campus
- Knowledge of applicable public records management laws and regulations
- Demonstrated familiarity and ability with spreadsheets, pdfs, and drawing viewers
- Working knowledge of digital archival procedures/standards
- Strong writing, oral and detail-oriented organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of customers and coworkers
- The candidate must have a proven record of the ability to work and learn independently with skills in researching problems to find solutions. Additionally, the candidate must be able to interact with and provide assistance to department employees and other administrative staff in person, over the phone and through email
- Master's in Library Sciences, Archival Science, Information Technology, or Informatics preferred
- Experience with OCR, GIS, and work-order management software, including ESRI products, SQL Server databases, and/or Tririga
- Experience with large format and desktop scanning equipment and printing/plotting equipment
- Experience with construction project management related to sites, buildings and/or space
- Knowledge of and experience with the college/university cultures/communities and the processes of such institutions
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.