Inpatient Psychiatrist, Assistant or Associate Professor
Department of Psychiatry - Dell Medical School - The University of Texas at Austin
Location: Austin, TX
Open: Apr 26, 2018
The Dell Medical School Department of Psychiatry, in conjunction with the Seton Healthcare Family, is seeking a board certified/board eligible Psychiatrist to join our clinical faculty and serve on inpatient team in Austin, Texas. We seek a physician who will help our Department achieve our goal of working with our community partners to develop clinical, educational and research initiatives that revolutionize how people get and stay mentally healthy in Central Texas and beyond.
We seek candidates committed to providing exemplary care and treatment that restores hope, and helps patients live healthier, fuller lives. A clinical assignment will occur through our Department's collaboration with Seton Healthcare Family, with the physician providing clinical leadership to a multidisciplinary inpatient team. Primary responsibilities will include providing world-class medicine and clinical expertise to evaluate and treat a broad spectrum of mental health challenges in an inpatient setting.
The successful candidate's appointment within the Department of Psychiatry at Dell Medical School requires regular participation in educational activities with medical students and residents. In addition, the physician will have the opportunity for collaborations that allow for the pursuit of innovative clinical programming and research initiatives.
The Dell Medical School, the first new medical school to be built at a tier one research university in nearly fifty years, welcomed its inaugural class in 2016. The school is committed to redesigning academic medicine and revolutionizing how people get and stay healthy, by educating leaders, developing new models of care, and advancing innovation from health products to health care delivery. The Seton Healthcare Family is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit health network in the nation.
Austin has been designated by US News & World Report as one of the top ten \u201cBest Places to Live\u201d for several years. This growing metropolis is considered \u201cthe live music capital of the world,\u201d a high-tech growth hub, and home to one of the largest state universities in the country.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Texas, or the ability to obtain prior to appointment.
- Board certified in psychiatry, or board eligible with a commitment to obtain certification within two years.
- Eligible for credentialing and privileging by the Seton Healthcare Family.
- Eligible for appointment as an assistant professor or higher in the Department of Psychiatry.
- Demonstrated leadership, clinical teaching, evaluation, and communication skills.
- Ability to influence/motivate others at all professional and administrative levels.
- Must be an innovative self-starter with a commitment to excellence.
- Must possess tenacity, self-motivation and initiative necessary to drive the development and maintenance of established and new programs.
- A track record of being able to lead, direct, and influence a team regardless of reporting lines, as well as be a team player.
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.