Assistant ESL Program Manager
For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, assist the Program Manager of ESL in coordinating the educational activities of the ESL Program including the monitoring of required reports, the registration of students and the training of ESL instructors.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the submission of initial, mid-term and final grade reports.
- Coordinate and monitor required record keeping reports including attendance sheets and time and effort reports.
- Provide support with the registration and testing of ESL students.
- Assist with the recruitment and training of ESL instructors.
- Assist with the development, selection and updating of relevant curriculum.
- Attend meetings, conferences and workshops for professional development as required.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Master's degree in Linguistics or a related field is required.
- Three years adult ESL teaching experience is required.
- Prior supervisory experience is desired.
- Ability to enter, retrieve and manipulate data on a PC is required.
- General office environment. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions
HOURS: 20 hours per week typically 4 to 5 hours per day, between the hours of 8:15 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Some occasional evenings and Saturdays when needed.
SALARY: 24.74 per hour
Applicants must submit the following:
Cover letter addressing your area(s) of expertise and interest in tutoring, as well as your available work hours and campus of preference.
References and/or a letter of recommendation
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.