The Website Designer/Developer is a member of the University Relations team that provides vision, leadership and oversight for all university websites and web applications. This position will assist in the development, support, and maintenance of university websites using sound governance practices for consistent site design and implementation of features and functions. This position will help conceptualize, design and implement sites that elegantly deliver content and strengthen the university brand. The web developer/designer provides guidance, implements solutions, and delivers creative inspiration and assistance to faculty and staff. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
· Creates and assists with the design, development, and support of new and existing secure websites and web applications.
· Conceptualizes, creates, and manages database technologies (Oracle, MS SQL Server, and MS Access).
· Works as a member of a team and communicates in a professional and collegial manner.
· Conceptualizes, creates, and manages dynamic web pages for data display and entry using appropriate technologies (HTML, ASP.NET, and Web CMS).
· Functions as an administrator in the University's web CMS.
· Creates and assists with the development of official university websites, including the university’s intranet.
· Provides training for continuous updating of websites.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of accessibility standards ADA 508/WCAG 2.
· Knowledge of Omni Update and migrating from Open Text.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
· Ability to translate business requirements, user goals and creating strategy into engaging user experiences.
· Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and other stakeholders in a service-oriented environment.
· Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
· Ability to commit to professional development, fully utilizing existing and emerging web, database, and applications development technologies.
· Ability to apply web design principles and technologies to the creation and enhancement of integrated and complex web sites.
· Ability to write content for web pages, migrate old content, or generate refreshed content with correct spelling and grammar.
· Bachelor's degree from and accredited institution in Digital Media, Information Technology, Web Development, or a closely related field.
· At least four years of professional full-time experience as a web developer and/or web designer.
· Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
· Experience developing standards compliant websites based on UX/UI principles.
· Experience with website design tools, WordPress or related CMS applications.
· Experience working on high volume web publishing in a higher education setting.
· Experience with XML/XSL/XSLT, and SQL.
· Experience with end-user training.
· Experience with Adobe Photoshop, SEO, analytics monitoring.
· Experience with site architecture layout.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $55,750 - $69,000, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.