Core Faculty/Program Director of ABA
This is a full time Core Faculty position with responsibilities as Director of Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis. The position is responsible for development and oversight of all aspects of the Certificate, Masters and Doctoral programs in Applied Behavior Analysis. The Full time faculty/Director will be responsible for procurement and on-going administration of all instructional resources including but not limited the acquisition and maintenance of required program approvals and certifications from national, regional and state accrediting bodies; recruitment of prospective students; and identification and recommendation of instructors. This position will require a flexible schedule and travel to accommodate performance of duties in a range of settings including but not limited to state, regional and national conferences and professional meetings. The candidate will be expected to participate in assigned faculty and college-wide committees. Access to a vehicle for professional travel is required.
The Full Time Core Faculty and Director of ABA Programs is responsible for oversight of the Doctoral and Masters level ABA programs at Cambridge College. Maintaining and updating Cambridge College's Behavior Analysis Certifying Board (BACB™) Verified Course Sequence (VCS). Ensuring compliance with all regulatory, Certification and licensing requirements of NEASC and the BABC. The position will teach a minimum of one class per term (3) as faculty and will receive release time to serve as Director.
Responsibilities will include:
- Teach one class per term.
- Establish an advisory board to coordinate with partners for instructor resources and program development and lead new course development as needed.
- Coordinate the timely completion and submission of VCS syllabi and specified required documentation to the BACB as required by the BACB or its successors as well as any other accreditation requirements.
- Identify and recommend program faculty and develop and maintain a faculty pool for the programs.
- Assist in the development, mentoring, consultation, and support of faculty of the programs.
- Responsible for leading the development and modification of course content as directed by the BACB and internally.
- Oversee and participate in the development of course protocols, forms and agency systems to meet BACB ACS program requirements.
- Obtaining and maintaining copyright permissions for teaching materials used in the core curriculum as needed
- Participate in Doctoral Committees of students in the ABA doctoral program and coordinate logistics of dissertation process as needed including development of standards, timelines, etc.
- Organize the courses into yearlong schedule for internal submission and review as needed.
- Comply with all policies and procedures including but not limited to: timely submission of grades using the MYCC Web Portal, textbooks, attendance, use of CC email system, etc.
- Coordinate process to ensure that all Cambridge College and BACB Disciplinary policies are adhered to by program staff and students.
- Ensure student engagement including, but not limited to, recruitment, orientation, advising, professional feedback to students on course assignments and class performance, among others.
- Conduct regularly scheduled ABA department meetings.
- Oversee student advising process for all ABA program students.
- Attend New Faculty Orientation.
- Attend Cambridge College and area committee and community events.
- Schedule additional office hours to fulfill the responsibilities.
- Performance of other reasonably related duties as requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Preferred: Doctoral Degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, Special Education, Psychology, or related field; active certification as a doctoral level Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA-D); and active Massachusetts licensure as a Licensed Applied Behavior Analyst (LABA).
- Required: Master's Degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, Special Education, Psychology, or related field; active certification as a Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA); and active Massachusetts licensure as a Licensed Applied Behavior Analyst (LABA). At least 5 years' experience in applied settings Developing and implementing behavioral interventions and teaching programs.
- Additional Considerations: Experience in teaching/training staff in behavior analytic concepts and principles. History of publications in peer reviewed journals on behavior analytic topics.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
The candidate must be able to effectively develop and coordinate teams comprised of individuals engaged at various levels of the graduate education process. Excellent verbal and written skills are required. Knowledge of scheduling, project management, budgeting and word processing software is required. Sound judgement and effective decision-making is essential for this position.
PHYSICAL EFFORT REQUIRED
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to occasionally lift materials or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs; lift and arrange meeting room chairs, folding tables, flip charts, projectors, video recorder, boxes of supplies, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply for Core Faculty/Program Director of ABA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly