SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Duties: Reporting to the director for education and strategic partnerships, the communication/marketing specialist will support the Center's applied research and donor engagement initiatives. The position will be responsible for implementing strategies to oversee the communications processes to best promote the Center, including; content management of Center website; monitoring Center social media accounts; and tracking indicators of Center progress. In addition, this position will be responsible for creating visual documents and collateral (e.g. PowerPoint slides, documents for printing) to support Center initiatives, and offer support for other Center-wide initiatives as needed.
Qualifications: An Associate's Degree and 2-3 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required; Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred. Other requirements include:
* Excellent writing and editing skills; strong verbal communication skills
* Experience using WordPress to manage website content. Understanding of basic web design concepts and HTML.
* Demonstrated record of academic achievement; strong analytical and problem-solving skills, both qualitative and quantitative
* Ability to manage competing deadlines; strong organization skills and detail orientation
An ideal candidate will also bring:
* Experience working in a collaborative, professional environment
* Creativity and resourcefulness in acquiring data and knowledge from a variety of sources and people
* Familiarity with social media channels, tracking user engagement, and marketing concepts and tools
* Demonstrated interest in philanthropy for social impact
Reference Number: 35-28503
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Social Policy & Practice
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative