Residence Life and Student Conduct Graduate Assistant
The Residence Life and Student Conduct Graduate Assistant Graduate Assistant is representative of the Office of Residence Life and Student Conduct (ORLSC) at Becker College. The Graduate Assistant will gain practical experience in the scheduling and adjudicating conduct hearings, maintaining judicial records, and assist with the training of other professional staff members and RAs on Student Conduct. The Graduate Assistant will have the opportunity to assist in determining the individual job duties over the period of the assistantship, offering the opportunity to grow as a student and professional. The Conferences and Events Graduate Assistant will maintain flexible office hours of 20 hours per week, is a live-in, 10-month, professional administrative position.
- Serves as a College hearing officer. Ensure cases are processed in a timely manner and in accordance to the standard of fairness articulated in the Student Code of Conduct.
- Assists with the training of Area Coordinators, Resident Assistants, and potentially other members in various leadership roles about student conduct
- Serves as a resource for students during the student conduct process
- Assist with the development and maintenance of written and electronic publications regarding the College’s disciplinary system and code of conduct
- Attends weekly departmental staff meetings on Monday mornings
- Participates in Residence Life Duty Rotation (including weekends, after hours, break periods and holidays). When on-call, acts as the primary contact for on-campus emergencies or crises. Writes Incident Reports as appropriate.
- Assists with departmental initiatives including assessment, planning, opening and closing of residence halls, housing selection, and RA recruitment.
- Makes effective referrals to counseling or academic services, and familiarizes self with campus resources.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director of Conference and Events.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Graduate Assistant is a professional administrator at Becker College. The actions of the Graduate Assistant must reflect the position that he/she holds and be consistent with the mission, vision and values of Becker College. Graduate will demonstrate a high level of professionalism, dedication, energy, a positive attitude, punctuality, consistency, independence, and initiative in the hosting of events and completion of projects. During office hours, dress should be business casual or a Becker polo with dress or khaki pants. Certain events or circumstances may require professional dress.
The term of employment is for 10 months (Mid-August to Mid-May). The Graduate Assistant must be registered for graduate courses at the time employment begins in August. A candidate should be a graduate student at a regional accredited college or university in Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, Counseling or other related field. Ideally, the Graduate Assistant can make a two-year commitment.
This is a ten month, part-time (20 hours/week plus on call duty rotation), live-in position. The compensation for this position is $8,000 a year, an unfurnished apartment, a meal plan, local cable television and Internet
Qualified Candidates, send cover letter, resume and three professional references to Steven Bourgault, Associate Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org