Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Bridgewater College is seeking outstanding candidates to serve as an Assistant Director of Annual Giving for the Office of Institutional Advancement. The position is full-time and is available immediately.
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving, under the guidance of Director of Annual Giving and the Senior Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving will develop and manage a comprehensive, strategic, integrated effort to build the base of individual donors and increase the level of support through annual giving at Bridgewater College. Duties include managing all direct mail for the Office of Institutional Advancement. The Assistant Director of Annual Giving reports to the Director of Annual Giving.
- Develops and executes a solicitation calendar that effectively utilizes all forms of annual giving solicitations including telephone, direct mail, e-mail and crowdfunding appeals.
- Manages all components of direct mail for the Office of Institutional Advancement, including both Annual Giving and Alumni Relations.
- Implements, educates on and supports Eagles Give!, Bridgewater College’s official crowdfunding platform, and the iModules “Support BC” web giving platform.
- Analyzes data regarding annual giving programs and past giving trends to assess program results and plan for future segmentation.
- Builds support for Bridgewater College through social media and email platforms.
- Enhances student education of philanthropy and supports the senior class gift.
- Enhances existing fundraising initiatives through collaboration with the Office of Institutional Advancement staff
- Researches and incorporate annual fund “best practices” into Bridgewater College’s annual giving strategies.
- Manages a prospect portfolio as determined by the Director. Responsible for visiting donors monthly and manages a donor network, generating leadership annual gifts.
- As directed by supervisor provides staff support for College events, representing Annual Giving and/or the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of annual giving principles and best practices.
- A demonstrated commitment to higher education and the ability to articulate a persuasive case for annual, unrestricted support of the College.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and experience handling confidential information.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work nights and weekends, as required.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated.
- Understanding and appreciation of the mission of a small, liberal arts college.
Additional Information: Email email@example.com
Application: Please complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers. Include (upload) a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information (email and mobile phone) for three references.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Bridgewater College is an equal opportunity provider, committed to employing a diverse faculty and staff, and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally under-represented groups.