Director of Annual Giving
Bridgewater College is seeking outstanding candidates to serve as a Director of Annual Giving for the Office of Institutional Advancement. The position is full-time and is available immediately.
The Director of Annual Giving provides leadership in designing, implementing, and evaluating programs whose purpose is to build a long-term base of annual support for Bridgewater College. As a member of the Annual Giving and Alumni Relations team, the Director works actively with colleagues to create, implement and evaluate a comprehensive, multi-year plan to increase strategic solicitation of financial support from alumni, friends and parents of Bridgewater College. The Director of Annual Giving reports to the Senior Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the annual giving team that develops, implements, and evaluates for effectiveness a coordinated matrix of engagement and solicitation strategies through the utilization of direct mail, e-solicitations, targeted phone appeals, online giving, crowdfunding, social media and personal visitation and any other initatives focused on shaping a sustainable foundation of annual support.
- Along with Office of Institutional Advancement administration, determines annual giving goals and builds strategic and tactical plans for achieving these goals. This strategy will be a comprehensive plan utilizing the resources available through the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- In conjunction with the Office of Marketing and Communication, build a brand for the Bridgewater Fund including an enhanced case for annual gift support that ensures clarity and consistency around annual giving messaging across various giving constituencies and platforms.
- Monitor the progress of Annual Giving programs. Prepare monthly reports and quarterly analysis for each program.
- Coordinate annual giving solicitations, through direct mail and electronic channels, with communications to alumni from the alumni relations team.
- Oversee coordination of direct mail for the Office of Institutional Advancement, including both Annual Giving and Alumni Relations.
- Create vision and provide direction and support for Eagles Give!, Bridgewater College’s official crowdfunding platform, including developing strong relationships with faculty and staff to continually generate projects relevant to this platform.
- Oversee the usability and iModule “Support BC” web giving platform.
- Plan and execute 24-hour annual giving campaigns, which may include Day of Giving and Giving Tuesday.
- Ensure that Bridgewater’s annual giving program is well-positioned to adapt and appeal to the habits and philanthropic preferences of recent graduates and students. This includes proactively sourcing next generation digital fundraising and payment tools.
- Maintain good donor relations by ensuring donors at established levels are properly acknowledged through the acknowledgement letter process and additional follow-up.
- Manage a prospect portfolio and build and manage a donor network generating leadership annual gifts.
- Continually explore opportunities to engage alumni in strengthening annual giving.
- Manage the daily efforts and activities of each member of the annual giving team.
- Provide staff support for College events, representing Annual Giving and/or the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Create and develop a team of volunteer alumni to aid in the annual solicitation process.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 2-5 years’ experience in annual giving.
- Knowledge of annual giving principles and best practices.
- Strong organizational, administration and interpersonal communication skill.
- Detail and “big picture” oriented.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, perform in a fast-paced environment and have measurable success in a collaborative work place.
- Solid writing, editing and presentation ability.
- Able and willing to take responsibility.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work nights and weekends, as required.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated.
- Effectively interacts with people.
- Understanding and appreciation of the mission of a small, liberal arts college.
Additional Information: Email email@example.com
Application: Please complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers. Include (upload) a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information (email and mobile phone) for three references.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Bridgewater College is an equal opportunity provider, committed to employing a diverse faculty and staff, and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally under-represented groups.