Administrative Assistant II
Los Rios Community College District (District Office)
Administrative Assistant II
Job Posting Number: C00589P
Salary: $3,695.23 per month
Closing Date: 05/04/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/7263
Positions in this class are generally assigned to Associate Vice President and Director I level positions, and incumbents perform complex administrative assistant and clerical tasks that support more than one administrative area, with minimal oversight. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here.]
This position is assigned to the Los Rios Community College District Police Department, 1410 Ethan Way, Sacramento, CA 95825.
• Assists administrator with office organization and detail and recommends operating practices and procedures to create new or to revise existing methods.
• Implements systems to improve internal process in support of changing departmental and District needs, informing affected staff and providing training as needed.
• Interviews callers, answers inquiries requiring knowledge of college and District resources, activities, services, policies and procedures and refers inquiries as appropriate; provides information regarding college standards and procedures and assists in the coordination of services for students, staff, and the public.
• Assists students and staff to resolve problems relating to special programs, student services records, or related complaints, referring to appropriate staff members.
• Coordinates activities with other District offices;
• Schedules meetings, conferences and appointments;
• Assists with coordinating events.
• Maintains calendars for managers and/or professional staff.
• Makes arrangements for travel, meetings, and conferences, and process travel claims.
• Prepares materials for presentations and instruction.
• Prepares records and reports for District and/or external agencies.
•Independently prepares correspondence, memoranda, agendas, reports, technical requests, and other materials, including information of a confidential nature.
• Prepares required District and departmental documents including, but not limited to, time sheets, reports, preliminary payroll records, travel forms, purchasing forms, requisitions, and workers compensation claim forms.
• Assists with the monitoring and reconciliation of department and/or office budgets.
• Orders materials, supplies, and services and resolves issues encountered in the purchasing process to assure timely payment to vendors.
• Maintains accurate records and databases.
• Assists with the preparation of the college catalog for printing.
• Assists in developing and publishing curriculum and committee calendars.
• Prepares and distributes meeting agendas, minutes, correspondence, memoranda, reports and other correspondence.
• Takes minutes at meetings exercising judgment and discretion in editing and composition.
• Assists in preparing material for published class schedules, catalogs, student guides, newsletters, bulletins and registration.
• Develops and maintains forms; verifies and calculates full-time equivalency (FTE) and instructional load for faculty.
• Tracks flex obligation for faculty.
• Prepares adjunct faculty assignment paperwork and related documents.
• Assists with coordination of department hiring and orientation processes.
• Processes mail.
• Receives and accounts for fees.
• Operates and maintains office equipment.
• Serves on committees as assigned.
• Has lead responsibility for temporary employees, including interviewing and training.
• Serves as a resource to support Administrative Assistant I’s and others on District/College-wide processes, policies and procedures and assists the administrator in the assigned areas of responsibility.
• Performs related duties as required.
Type 40 nwpm. Typing test/certificate required.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience related to the duties of the position.
Promotional: One year of experience with Los Rios Community College District performing duties equivalent to the level of at the level of Administrative Assistant. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
EDUCATION: One year of college level business, office technology, or related course work from an accredited institution may be substituted for up to one year of the required work experience.
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units is equal to six months of education; 30 units is equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.