Veterinary Technology Program CVT- Adjunct Faculty (Pool)
Department:: Lifelong Learning and Workforce Development -7000
Locations:: Gardner, MA
Posted:: Apr 18, '18
About Mount Wachusett Community College:
Since 1963, Mount Wachusett Community College has built a tradition of providing innovative undergraduate education, workforce development, personal enrichment, and community service to North Central Massachusetts and beyond. Located in Gardner, MA, with satellite campuses in Fitchburg, Leominster and Devens, MWCC now serves approximately 12,000 credit and noncredit students each year and offers over 70 associate degree and credit certificate options. An award-winning, national leader in the area of renewable energy, MWCC is also nationally recognized for its veterans' services, civic engagement and K-12 partnerships.
We hope you will consider applying for one of our open positions, and discover all that Mount Wachusett Community College and the North Central Massachusetts region have to offer.
General Statement of Duties
Mount Wachusett Community College is seeking qualified applicants for the position of part-time instructors for the Veterinary Technology program. The applicants must have knowledge and expertise in the topics being taught and promote the appropriate role of the veterinary technician. The applicants must instruct and implement the Veterinary Technology program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum and AVMA standards.
- Develop interactive course material in accordance with the AVMA's essential skills list
- Supervise students in simulated and clinical settings
- Maintain expertise appropriate to veterinary medicine and teaching responsibilities
- Instruct in both traditional and non-traditional learning modes
- Instructional preparation
- Assessment of student performance; including submission of final grades in a timely fashion
- An obligation on the part of the unit member to be available to students by appointment when mutually convenient
- Not more than one faculty meeting per session
- Other duties as assigned
POSSIBLE COURSES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Anatomy & Physiology of Domestic Animals I
Anatomy & Physiology of Domestic Animals II
Veterinary Clinical Laboratory Procedures
Veterinary Clinical Nursing Skills
- Currently certified veterinary technician
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- A minimum of three years in clinical practice
- 3-5 years teaching experience preferred
- Strong, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Evidence of competence in the area of instruction
- Maintain expertise appropriate to teaching responsibilities
Salary: Salary :$3198.00-$3866.00 3 credit course, $4264.00-$5154.00 4 credit course, $4775.00-$5773.00 4 credit lab.
Employee Status: Part Time
Mount Wachusett Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The following documents are required:
2. Cover Letter
Deadline Date: Open until Filled
Candidates may be subject to employment screening to include both a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) request and a Sexual Offender Registry Information (SORI).