President/CEO - Ashland Community & Technical College
THE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGE
KCTCS, the largest provider of post-secondary education and workforce training in Kentucky, is a statewide community college system with 16 colleges and more than 70 campuses across the Commonwealth. Ashland Community and Technical College (ACTC) is one of the 16 colleges. ACTC enrolls 2,595 students on an annual basis, has 3 campuses and serves Workforce clients with customized instructional programs.
KCTCS and the Board of Directors of Ashland Community and Technical College (ACTC) seek a visionary educator with an outstanding record of strong leadership, educational accomplishments and an ability to foster internal and external partnerships, to serve as the next college president. The college president reports directly to the KCTCS President. The president works closely with the ACTC Board of Directors and Foundation Board comprised of a well-connected and engaged group of community leaders desirous of developing a top-in-the-country performing institution in student performance and community outcomes. The President is responsible for all aspects of the college’s operation throughout the service area and represents the college at the local and state levels. The president should have a proven track record of interacting positively and professionally with all faculty and an understanding and appreciation of a faculty promotion and tenure process.
The mission of Ashland Community and Technical College is to:
- Teach with excellence
- Serve with passion
- Learn for life
ACTC will become a college of excellence in providing educational pathways leading to student success in technical, transfer, and workforce education
- Teaching and Learning Excellence
- Access and Support
- Community and Workforce Partnerships
- Strong communication skills
- Understands performance based funding
- Proven leadership abilities with strong management skills
- Ability to develop community partnerships
- Commitment to student access and success
- Community College experience
- Commitment to faculty & staff development
- Experience with establishment of workforce development programs & technical education
- Aware of and responsive to workforce needs of the community
- Embraces & is highly visible throughout the communities served by the ACTC tri-state area
- Emphasis on enhancing the college’s reputation & supporting the college’s history and future
- Well rounded background in all functional areas of the college
- Understands what it means to be part of a statewide system
- Commitment to business & industry with a focus on providing programs to meet their needs
- Proven fundraising capabilities
- Financial background with a thorough understanding of the budgeting process
- Classroom teaching experience
- Understands the service region of the college
- Understands facilities & space management
- An earned Doctorate from an accredited college or university
- Progressive leadership experience with 3 – 5 years Senior-level executive experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience
- An approachable person of high integrity and energy, with a track record of building successful teams, inside and outside the organization.
Applicants will submit for review the following:
- A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications; and
- A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
- All application materials must be received by 5:00 PM EST on May 17, 2018. The review of applications will begin May 18, 2018. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
*Please Note: All semi-finalists will be required to submit a 10-minute video presentation. All nominations and applications should be addressed to:
KCTCS President’s Office
Attention: Jackie B. Cecil, System Director of Human Resources Job #9800
300 North Main Street,
Versailles, Kentucky 40383
For more information regarding this position, please visit the Ashland Presidential Search webpage at https://ashland.kctcs.edu/presidential-search/ The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.