EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT DEAN'S OFFICE PENN DENTAL MED.
Duties: The Executive Assistant will primarily support the Dean of Penn Dental Medicine, and leaders within the Dean's Executive Suite. Reporting directly to the Director of Faculty Affairs and Executive Support, this position will carry out high level day to day clerical duties required to effectively manage the Dean's schedule and office suite. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
*Proactively manage day-to-day business activities in the Dean's Suite
*Handle confidential information with a high degree of professional discretion
*Handle internal and external correspondence and screen incoming phone calls and emails
*Accurately schedule meetings and maintain daily and long-term calendars
*Maintains consistent supervision of the Dean's schedule, which includes maintaining detailed notes to verify and confirm all calendar entries
*Coordinates Dean's travel arrangements including train, flight, hotel, car service, detailed agendas, directions, and all necessary materials
*Draft business correspondence on behalf of the Dean as needed, finalize PowerPoint presentations and prepare executive level meeting minutes
Additionally, this position will work closely with the Director of Faculty Affairs and Executive Support to provide clerical assistance for faculty appointments. Duties include, but are not limited to:
*Manage database of faculty
*Compile dossiers for faculty appointments and reappointments
*Create correspondence associated with all faculty actions
*Ensure compliance and alignment with international student scholar services policies and procedures with all faculty visa matters and immigration administration
The Executive Assistant position requires a strong work ethic, professionalism, and commitment to integrity. A high degree of initiative is required, as is a proactive approach that anticipates the needs of the Dean's Executive Suite. Project coordination, execution, follow-through and extensive event planning expertise is required. The Executive Assistant must have a proven ability to work collaboratively and professionally with all levels of Penn Dental Medicine, which includes students, staff, visitors, faculty, alumni as well as members of the Board of Overseers, outside clients, vendors and international visitors. This position represents the Dean's Executive Suite, both internally and externally. The Executive Assistant must exhibit sensitivity to the position as a role model for Penn Dental Medicine and a representative of the University of Pennsylvania's mission, values and goals.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 5-7 years progressively responsible administrative experience required.
* Demonstrated experience in managing complex scheduling including working on a global platform and coordinating multiple schedules.
* Advanced written and verbal communications skills;
* Exceptional attention to details skills necessary and capable of balancing multiple projects;
* Must be able to work independently, and exercise initiative, as well as be a team player.
* Ability to make decisions within scope of responsibility;
* Ability to work under pressure and deal with difficult and highly- sensitive situations;
* Outstanding interpersonal skills; experience working with people at all levels;
* Excellent problem solving skills required; must be able to recognize deadlines and prioritize work accordingly.
* Highly reliable, dependable and excellent organizational skills.
* Advanced level knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook & Excel.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours.
* The position requires initiative, the capacity to exercise discretion in working with highly confidential matters and the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
* Knowledge of University policies and procedures desired.
Reference Number: 51-28560
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: SDM Deans Office
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: A-General/Professional Administrative