Coordinator, Student Conduct and Special Academic Accommodations
The position has primary responsibility in four areas: (1) Responsible for processing violations of University policy as defined in the Student Handbook (2) Provide guidance, support, and training to the two conduct bodies on campus – Student Honor Council and RUSM Grievance Committee (3) Collaborate closely with Safety and Security and Counseling Center in addressing complaints regarding student misconduct and providing support to students who have been impacted by crime and (4) Coordinate the student academic accommodation process.
Master's Degree in a field to perform the job successfully (prefer a degree in higher education administration, college personal, law/public policy, human development, social work, counseling or closely related field).
Knowledge of principals and best practices and/or experience in student conduct, student accommodations, Title IX, conflict mediation, medical/graduate education and/or student advising.
Detail oriented and able to successfully manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
Ability to respond calmly in crisis
Ability to interact and communicate with senior leadership across the organization
An individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Conduct a presentation at New Student Orientation and Continuing Student Orientation regarding the Honor Code and Student Code of Conduct especially related to the importance of integrity and ethical behavior in the medical profession
- Supervises and trains additional hearing officers
- Assists with the supervision of staff within the Department of Student Affairs
- Coordinate the students' signing and pledge of the Honor Code
- Investigate and adjudicate allegations of misconduct as defined in the Student Handbook; meeting with all involved parties and keeping students informed regarding their rights and responsibilities
- Designs, implements, and evaluates any training needs for the two conduct hearing bodies – Honor Council and Grievance Committee
- Work with Title IX Coordinator to ensure full compliance.
- Maintain all records and files associated with complaints of misconduct/policy violations; prepare case files and end of semester reports
- In a consultative role assists and responds to faculty concerns relative to students' unprofessional behavior
- Coordinate all procedures for students inquiring about and requesting accommodations, ensure students have submitted appropriate supporting documentation and determine appropriate accommodations.
- Maintain student accommodation files and provide case management to students from semesters 1-10 who receive accommodations; meeting with them as needed and keeping them informed of each process change.
- Reviews and evaluates all office protocols and practices - recommending policy changes and Student Handbook revisions as needed
- Works closely, and consults with, Adtalem Legal and Compliance office as needed.
- Develop a professional and collaborative relationship with all constituency groups
- Attend regular Student Affairs Leadership Team meetings
- Collaborate with campus resources such as counseling services, health clinic, and student affairs to provide seamless assistance to all students
- Leadership – with a coaching and mentoring approach
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality; Responds calmly to stressful situations/incidents.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; writes clearly and informatively.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of social media systems; Microsoft Office Suites; data management systems