Dean of Student Development
COLLEGE ADMINISTRATOR - REVISED
POSITION: Dean of Student Development
DEPARTMENT: Student Development
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Student Development, responsible for providing leadership for supervision, planning, coordination, and implementation in the Counseling Department , assessment, and the Transfer Center. The Dean coordinates services with other areas of Student Services, and the college to ensure a student friendly entry into the college and to increase retention, graduation and transfer.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating effective and integrated programs for assessment, orientation, advising and counseling.
- Serves as judicial officer for student discipline issues as related to the Student Codes of Conduct.
- Directs supervisors in the continuous improvement of various student services, activities, programs, and legal compliance reporting.
- Develops and maintains proper budgeting, fiscal and human resources, within assigned area.
- Works directly with the Vice President of Student Development toward the achievement of Student Services area and college goals and objectives.
- Reviews and responds to student requests for services and appeals of College policy in a timely, consistent and efficient manner.
- Implements and monitors policies and procedures related to academic probation, dismissal and graduation.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with member of the community and other civic groups.
- Works in unison with members of the management team, faculty, staff, and various support groups.
- Represents the College at local, state and national meetings when necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s in in Counseling or related to educational field and 3-5 years of experience in student services in an institution of higher education required. Doctorate preferred.
- Three years prior management experience, preferable in an education environment.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communications skills both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Subject to background check
STATUS/SALARY: Salary - $80,000
BEGINNING DATE: June 18, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 18,2018
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit letter of application, resume, and transcripts to
email@example.com or Office of Human Resources, Room 1245