Resident Director, Housing and Residential Education Re-Post
The Resident Director position at the University of Denver is responsible for a total area of approximately 350-880 students in either a traditional first year residence hall, or a second year and above environment consisting of suites and apartments. The Resident Director is responsible for developing an atmosphere that promotes academic achievement, personal development, and a strong sense of inclusive communities. The Resident Director position is responsible for overseeing the adjudication of cases involving violations of the Guide to Residence Living, the Student Code of Conduct and the Housing Contract. The Resident Director reports directly to the Assistant Director of Residential Education and is a member of the Housing and Residential Education professional staff. This position supervises up to two Graduate Resident Directors and up to 25 Resident Assistants and is responsible for managing the liaison role with the general maintenance personnel and custodial staff within their community of responsibility. The Resident Director is also responsible for managing crisis situations in both their area of responsibility and as a part of a larger university response. The Resident Director position is a live off position, with the option to rent an on-campus apartment, and is a part of the Housing and Residential Education on-call duty staff. Resident Directors must have a demonstrated a commitment to the principles of multiculturalism and diversity through involvement and participation in university/division-wide projects and initiatives.
The potential start date for these roles is July 1, 2018. The duration of this appointment is up to four years contingent upon successful performance.
- Supervision of Graduate Resident Director(s).
- Supervision of 10-25 Resident Assistants in leading, guiding and developing community within a residential community.
- Adjudication of cases involving the violation of the Guide to Residence Living, Student Code of Conduct and the Housing Contract.
- Responsible for developing an atmosphere that promotes academic achievement, personal development and community responsibility.
- Responsible for ensuring that daily maintenance and custodial issues are effectively and efficiently managed within their area of responsibility.
- Responsible for partnering with the Housing team on occupancy of building.
- Participate in the senior administrator on-call process in response to campus emergencies and student issues.
- Participate in all training, selection and departmental initiatives.
- RD must demonstrate a commitment to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion by embedding these principles into practice within all aspects of the job responsibilities.
- Master's Degree completed by July 1, 2018
- 1-3 years of experience in Residential Education
- Demonstrate commitment to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion within all aspects.
- Experience supervising student staff
- Experience with on-call responsibilities
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) on Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.