William & Mary invites qualified applicants to apply for the Administrative Coordinator with the Christopher Wren Association, within University Advancement. This is a part-time (20 hour a week) position, eligible for benefits.
The Christopher Wren has over 1400 members (100 instructors per semester, a 13-member board of directors, and the public at large).
The Administrative Coordinator assist both members and staff. The position completes administrative tasks independently and/or with other staff members in a manner that meets the association’s needs.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Articulately respond to communications via phone or email from internal and external constituencies.
- Enroll members into classes and events. Create survey forms used in course proposal submissions.
- Provide weekly setup of beverage service (lifting of up to 30 lbs) and weekly set up audiovisual equipment required for instructors to conduct class.
- Create queries to create mailings, and make updates as necessary.
- Prepare letters, newsletters, memos, reports, and presentation materials and mailings. Proof and edit catalog for publication.
Associates Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of general office practices, procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook with calendar management and (Advanced skills in Word). Strong database management skills, with the ability to update databases, extract data and run reports.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment in performing all responsibilities’.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to work with a variety of documents in a mixture of formats.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal, external constituencies’ and communicates clearly and directly with team members and other staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle varying demands and manage multiple priorities concurrently while working under pressure.
- Strong service orientation with the demonstrated ability to handle requests promptly and effectively. Ability to understand the importance of confidentiality, use resourcefulness, team work, diplomacy, exercise sound judgment and project a professional demeanor in all interactions.
- Demonstrated experience working in an Administrative role in a service oriented setting.
- Proven experience with Microsoft (Word, Excel Powerpoint and Outlook, to include calendar management).
- Experience in editing, proofreading documents in varying formats and updating and maintaining databases.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred.
- Access Database experience highly desirable.
- Experience with preparing reports is a plus.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.