Administrative Systems Analyst/Lead, Applications and Systems Analyst
Administrative Systems Analyst/Lead, Applications and Systems Analyst
Ideal Candidate Statement:
Knowledge of ERP systems in an educational environment in a general and technical capacity. Ability to lead and provide guidance and training to other technical staff in support of the college functional areas. The ability to consistently promote a teamwork environment within the Information Systems department and Information Technology Services Division. Preferred working knowledge of Ellucian Colleague ERP systems. Provide excellent support to our student’s success and faculty and staff.
Ohlone prides itself as a Learning College with the motto of “A World of Cultures United in Learning” and we are looking for staff who embrace diversity in serving students with varied backgrounds and learning styles; staff who are highly ethical, trustworthy, credible, loyal and respectful of diverse views and opinions.
The College has a firm commitment to environmental sustainability and looks to all employees to support this important goal.
Job Description Summary:
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under general direction, provides and recommends solutions in using information systems, applications, ERP systems, and other related systems in improving services offered by the College using systems and technology; recommends and assists in planning, implementing projects, and assigning tasks and projects to the Applications and Web Development team related to programming, systems analysis, and management of databases; Assist the analysts, programmers, and DBA in developing professional goals; Night, weekend, and off-campus work may be assigned. Perform related duties as assigned.
The position serves as the technical expert in the College's ERP system and other related systems. This is an experienced and professional level position, with incumbents expected to perform work independently. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, significant coordination and collaboration, time management, work assignment, project management, and the ability to solve issues and problems in a timely manner. The incumbent serves as the lead working closely with staff and administrators in developing project plans, project schedules, and project deliverables.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Professional knowledge of the following:
• Architecture of ERP systems
• Principles and techniques of systems analysis and design using proven tools
• Principles of modular and integrated testing
• Principles and techniques of programming, online programming, and data processing
• Structured programming, object oriented programming, and web programming
• Principles of query language
• Principles of system interoperability, scalability, flexibility, and availability
• Principles of disaster recovery and business continuity
• Principles of technical writing
• Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
• OSHA and ADA regulations.
• Plan, organize, and manage assigned projects;
• Document all work performed in an online service management system;
• Adapt to the use of new and emerging technologies;
• Deal effectively with both novice and experienced users;
• Develop documentations for information systems’ activities, processes, and procedures;
• Set-up, load, test, maintain, configure, and troubleshoot reports, scripts, and other developed solutions;
• Coordinates with vendors and consultants and effectively articulate requirements and needs in both technical and ordinary language; communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
• Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of faculty, staff, and students with physical and learning disabilities; work in teams and promote collaboration and communication.
• Respond in a timely and effective manner to help desk requests from all divisional clients
• Provide in person and remote support to clients that emphasizes a high level of customer satisfaction and communication
• Problem solving and in identifying issues with reports, and process gaps;
• Analyzing and recommending process improvement to effectively and efficiently improve business processes;
• Coordination, collaboration, and communication to successfully implement projects on budget and on time;
• Work independently or as part of a team if needed to resolve customer problems, plan and implement large scale software and hardware deployments, migrations and upgrades; and,
• Be available and flexible to resolve problems after normal business hours as needed.
Coordinates and recommends the work schedule and task/project assignment of the programmers, analysts, and database administrator, and exercise technical supervision of teams on projects if needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The following duties are typical of those performed by employees in this job title; however, employees may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each employee in the job title.
• Provides on-going support and solutions to the College’s ERP system as assigned;
• Participates in the review and definition of functional areas, processes, and procedures, organization and flow of data, methods, and forms to automate or to improve existing systems;
• Conducts analysis of data for reports or report requirements; acts as liaison between end users and IT in the assessment and development of reporting needs; explores innovations and trends in technology with and for institutional applicability;
• Designs and provides specifications for computed columns for queries and reporting; writes simple computed values in the integrated database (data pointers between files); coordinates with end users to develop and write reports; develops report formats and specifications; conduct analysis to improve the ERP system use and reliability for all end users;
• Uses effective project management tools for development and custom programming, patch testing, and project accounts; lead project teams; conducts and evaluates department needs and provide analysis of computer systems and recommend solutions;
• Coordinates onsite vendor technical support;
• Develops support, maintenance, and security structures for systems;
• Creates documentation and train end users in system features and usage; manages and maintains procedural documentation; develops procedures to support and interface with systems and streamline operations; leads users and user groups in assessment and process mapping and business workflow criteria;
• Evaluates and implements State and Federal reporting requirements for information collection and processing; manage and direct submissions of State and Federal regulatory and mandated reports; establishes procedures and documentation to provide accurate input and maintenance of data reporting including, but not exclusive to: California MIS data, Federal NSLC, 1099, 1098-T, W2s, 941 Quarterly, Use-Tax Report, FISAP, and CalGrant Grades Verification;
• Recommends workflows and request procedures for providing services related to ERP systems and other enterprise-level systems;
• Documents technical procedures and processes;
• Develops user manuals and procedures to assist departments and divisions in the effective use of information systems;
• Participates in short-range and long-range planning;
• Coordinates, assigns, monitors progress, and reports statuses of all tasks, projects, and other activities of the Applications and Web Development team;
• Plans and schedules upgrades, testing, and roll out of the College’s systems that minimizes impact to the operations of the College;
• Coordinates with vendors and consultants for all requirements and needs, licensing and renewals, and scheduling;
• Maintains a thorough understanding of current trends in the areas of computer hardware and software, telecommunication, information security, automated office procedures, and public policy and law related to systems and technology in a Higher Education context;
• Contributes to the development of College planning documents, policies, procedures, manuals, and guides related to effective college operations;
• Assists staff in creating technical solutions to ongoing or mission critical issues with technology; and,
• Leads in training employees in the effective use of the College’s systems.
OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES:
Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Education and Experience:
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION GUIDELINES: Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities qualifies. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Business Administration or other closely related degrees. Experience may substitute for a degree on a one on one equivalency.
Experience: At least five years of full-time experience in the area of programming, systems
analysis, technical documentation, testing, report generation, and/or user training; at least
three years of full experience in ERP systems required (ex. Colleague, Banner, Jenzerbar,
Range 57: $81,864 - $104,520 annually
Posting Detail Information:
Posting Number: S091-14
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Close Date: 5/7/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
HEALTH AND WELFARE BENEFITS *
1. Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP and LTD
2. Membership in Public Employees’ Retirement System Candidates hired on or after January 1, 2013 are subject to restrictions imposed by PEPRA)
3. Contribution to O.A.S.D.I. (Social Security)
4. Paid vacation
5. Paid sick leave
6. Paid holidays and district-paid floating personal days
7. Summer 4/10 schedule (Fridays off)
8. Longevity pay step increase based on your years of service
9. IRS Section 125 Flexible Medical Spending Plan
10. 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan (employee contributes)
11. 403(b) Tax Shelter Annuity Plan (employee contributes)
*Benefits will be prorated for positions less than 100%
Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986:
Applicants selected for positions will be required to provide identification and employment eligibility as outlined in the federal “Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986.”
A multi-campus single community college district, Ohlone College is located in the southern portion of the San Francisco Bay in California; serving 12,000 students per year. The District has a main campus in the City of Fremont and a newly constructed campus in the City of Newark. Ohlone College is an ethnically diverse institution that promotes innovation and continuous improvement in departments and divisions. The College is named for the native population living in the area when Mission San Jose was founded. The Fremont campus is located just south of the historical Mission. The Newark Campus is located near Interstate 880 and emphasizes programs in health, environment, and technology.
EEO Statement Summary:
The District is strongly committed to the principles of equal opportunity and to hiring qualified staff who reflect the diversity of our community. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, military and veteran status, pregnancy/childbirth/breastfeeding or related medical condition or any other protected basis in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. The college encourages applications from all qualified applicants.
If you have a disability and are in need of special services, equipment, or facilities in order to apply or interview for this opening, please call the Human Resources office at: (510) 659-6088.
Conditions of Employment:
Offers of employment are contingent upon Governing Board approval. Employment with Ohlone Community College is not complete or official until applicants meet all pre-employment requirements. All new employees are required to submit official transcripts and proof of freedom from tuberculosis. In addition you will be required to provide identification and employment eligibility as outlined in the federal “Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986.” Pre-employment tests and/or medical examinations may be required. Ohlone Community College does not sponsor H1B visas. Employees must sign the Oath or Affirmation of Allegiance and submit fingerprints for CA Department of Justice clearance.
To apply, visit: https://employment.ohlone.edu