Adjunct Pool for Professor of Counseling
Adjunct Pool for Professor of Counseling
Mt. San Antonio College
Job Category: Adjunct Faculty
Time (Percent Time):
Current Work Schedule (days, hours):
Salary Range: $76.02 PER HOUR based on lecture hour equivalent taught (Adjunct are placed on salary schedule)
Salary: Starting Hourly Rates: Counseling $49.41; Teaching $76.02
Health & Welfare:
Open Date: 04/16/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUS.
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities:
• Provide comprehensive counseling services to a culturally diverse student population
• Provide academic, career and personal counseling; assist students in clarifying their educational and career goals; develop student educational plans
• Conduct new student orientations
• Teach counseling courses and facilitate workshops
• Counsel probation, dismissed and reinstated students; make referrals to appropriate interventions
• Participate in Student Success and Support Program activities (SSSP)
• Participate in professional development, campus committees and activities
• Knowledge and use of current and future technology
• Perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities, college policies, division policies and department policies
• Maintain scheduled office and campus hours
• Late afternoon and/or evening assignments may be required
Skills and Abilities:
Minimum Qualifications/Education & Experience:
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
Master’s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family, and child counseling. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is alternative qualification for this discipline pursuant to Title 5 Section 53410.1)
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students; AND
C. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English
License(s) & Other Requirements:
Employees may periodically be required to operate a vehicle that necessitates possession of a valid California driver’s license. Such employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
Instructions re: Confidential Letter of Recommendation:
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been fingerprinted and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for fingerprinting services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: http://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/2014ASRFinal.pdf
Typing Certificate Requirements:
Apply between April 16, 2018 - May 2, 2018, by 4 p.m. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online to be considered for this position:
• A Mt. San Antonio College online application (http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu)
• A cover letter indicating how qualifications and required experience are met and addressing the applicant’s philosophy of teaching
• A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position
• A minimum of two letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation or any of the required documents)
• College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through the Office of Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: email@example.com.
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, and other job-related criteria as listed in the job posting. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview. Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test. The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, College resources, needs, and Board of Trustees’ approval.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the initial screening date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied. Please visit our employment website at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to complete and submit your application for this position.
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest:
Conflict of Interest
Cancel RTF Policy:
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay or cancel filling this position. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
To apply, visit: https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/