Professional Assistant, Events and Outreach
The Office of the Chancellor at the University of Colorado Boulder invites applications for a Professional Assistant. This role will support The Office of Events and Outreach, including promotion of the CU Boulder Next program and the Global Ambassadors program. This position will also provide assistance with high level speeches and communication, as well as other administrative, project management, and event staff support.
We are looking for someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and cultural sensitivity. The successful candidate will possess the ability to navigate complex and sensitive situations with diplomacy and discretion, and will represent the Office of the Chancellor in a professional manner.
Who we are:
There is much to be gained through international and intercultural connections and the Global Ambassadors Program facilitates the exchange of people and ideas. Global Ambassadors are CU alumni and international leaders worldwide who advise us on how best to recruit, support and engage our international community, including students, alumni, parents and officials from countries around the world.
CU Boulder Next is an interactive series hosted by the Chancellor that showcases our people, research and cutting-edge advancements. You will see firsthand how the university is positively impacting humanity, developing tomorrow's leaders and becoming a leader for innovation.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Global Ambassadors Program Support
- Develop programs with both internal campus constituents (including academic units, alumni, advancement, strategic relations, etc.), as well as external audiences including alumni, donors, etc.
- Develop student programming in coordination with campus units
- Assist with the overall strategy
- Prepare communications and logistics for the executive board
- Serve as liaison for the board, the Academic Futures program, Advancement, Academic units
- Help to promote the Global Ambassadors through development of branding, website support, social media, and other promotional strategies as they arise
CU Boulder NEXT Program Support
- Assist in the development and planning of program and logistical details from a theatrical or event production and management perspective
- Provide technical and artistic expertise in the development and execution of the plenary session and reception
- Coordinate cross-campus collaboration
- Provide additional production support and provide backstage support to the Chancellor, Emcee and speakers
- Assist with the management of onsite event, including but not limited to volunteer and staff training, coordination of production with audience engagement and staff needs, clear communication with staff and audience
Speech Writing Assistance
- Assist the Assistant Director of Executive Communications in the formulation, research and writing of the Chancellor's speeches and communications, particularly as they relate to events and outreach
What you should know:
- Some evening and weekend work will be required
- Some lifting is required as part of event setup
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $45,000, commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be supportive. Be strategic. Be inclusive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years of event project management experience (or similar)
- Three years of experience working in higher education
- Valid driver's license
What you will need:
- Proven ability to research, write, edit correspondence, remarks, papers, programs, etc.
- Professional judgement and the ability to navigate politics with diplomacy and discretion
What we'd like you to have:
- Five years' experience with stage management, stage direction, conference management or similar
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, and endure long events
- University of Colorado Boulder alum
- Masters or other advanced degree
- International experience/interest
- Experience managing relationships with high level stakeholders
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by April 30, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at [email protected]. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-13117.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10001 - Office of the Chancellor
Posting Date: Apr 16, 2018
Closing Date: Apr 30, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00745074