SENIOR SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER
JOB NO.: 94179-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Department: EDUC/CAREER CENTER
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94179-AS
Working Title: Senior Systems Programmer
Official Title: SR INFORM PROC CONSLT(S44BN)
Hiring Department: A178000-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/CAREER CENTER
FTE: 25% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: MAY 19, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $55,406 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
B.S. required in MIS, computer science, or related technical disciplines. Master's preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Experienced programmer with minimum of 7 years of experience. Expertise in network topology including issues relevant to security and network authentication; expertise in mutliple computer operating systems, inlcuding Microsoft SQL, LINUX, Mac OS, and Windows; a thorough understanding of ColdFusion and Microsoft.Net programing languages.
License or certificate:
1. Collaborate with the Director and Career Consultants in managing the technology for invoicing WECAN (Wisconsin Career Access Network) system users. Create modifications for editing and updating the eHub and develop documentation for managing system. Communicate updates and provide explanations for challenges with system.
2. Archive seven years of job postings, applicant pools, applicant ratings and comments, and applicant documents and applications, from the old WECAN site, per state statute. Create PDFs of data and method for retrieval for Career Center team of specific candidate pools
3. Provide technical and troubleshooting support for the former WECAN system during the transition of data and change in servers. Notify Career Center team as issues are resolved, interface with contractors, and communicate with the MERIT and WCER teams, as needed, regarding the transition of the technical systems.
4. Update WERF Event Manager technology with adjustments to the system used to recruit and employ candidates for K-12 schools. Create the ability for the career consultant to modify to the CCeHub system, used to collect payment from users of the WECAN system.
5. Create instructions for operating the WECAN, WERF and CCeHub that Career Center staff can access.
Instructions to applicants:
Please upload a cover letter, r?sum? and a list of three professional references with contact information.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Apr 16 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: May 14 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time