Assistant Dean, Finance & Administration
8AM - 5PM
$120,900 - $208,800
Reporting to the Dean of the Marlan and Rosemary Bourns College of Engineering (BCOE), the Assistant Dean and Chief Financial Administrative Officer (CFAO) serves as a member of the Dean's senior management team and is principal advisor to the Dean, Associate Deans, and Assistant Deans in support of the college mission. The CFAO has full responsibility for directing administrative operations for the Dean's office, which plans, directs, and coordinates the academic, administrative, and financial affairs of BCOE. In fulfilling these responsibilities, the CFAO plays an integral role in the development of the college's long-range goals and objectives, and provides executive leadership and direction in the implementation of the college's administrative and financial policies and procedures. An in-depth understanding of the current needs of the college, the demand from growth, and strategic goals for the future are required to continue the college's financial health and maximize operational effectiveness. BCOE consists of five academic departments, two interdisciplinary programs, and multiple research centers as well as leads one of the four payroll shared service centers on campus (POSSC), which provides payroll transaction services to other college orgs. The college is currently home to 122 ladder rank faculty and approximately 150 academic positions supporting the academic mission through instruction and research. The CFAO has direct oversight of the annual budget, which was over $86M in FY17 with $36M coming from General State funds and the remaining from other sources such as contracts/grants, external gifts, sales & service, and student fees.
Excellent skills to work collaboratively and act persuasively in sensitive situations; skills in conflict management techniques.
Advanced project management skills, including the capability to manage capital projects.
Advanced skills in strategy development, systems planning and change management.
Advanced knowledge of administrative management theory and ability to translate knowledge into practice.
Excellent ability to establish metrics for department and employee goals which measure effectiveness of contributions to efficient operations of department.
Excellent leadership abilities to oversee multiple functions or departments through subordinate managers.
Advanced knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques; human resources and risk management planning; accounting and payroll.
Skills in establishing and implementing customer service standards.Excellent ability to establish metrics for department and employee goals which measure effectiveness of contributions to efficient operations of department.
Demonstrated skills in written and oral communications with the ability to make effective presentations to groups.
Demonstrated skill in using software applications including spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, and data base applications.
Strong knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview