Public Education Specialist
8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $65,700
Working with the Director of Business, Technology and Health, the Public Education Specialist identifies and develops new revenue generating programs, certificates, seminars, and courses. Initiates and manages course and program design, planning and implementation. In consultation with the Director, responds to course evaluation results and implements course and program changes as required. Working with the Director, develops marketing strategies, including providing input on course descriptions and other marketing materials. Develops and meets with advisory committees to further advance the strategic goals of the department in meeting the educational needs of the community.
Thorough knowledge of functional area and understanding of how work may impact other areas.
Thorough analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
Skill in using business software systems in the completion of work assignments; i.e., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
Thorough and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills.
Thorough skills to conduct needs assessment and development of new presentations/courses to meet organizational needs.
Thorough knowledge of current public educational programs and trends.
Thorough knowledge of and skill in delivering programs.
Knowledge of managing a portfolio of business and management courses at the university or corporate level.
Demonstrated ability to create remarkable customer service experiences.
Thorough knowledge of organization policies and procedures.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview