Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm with some evenings and weekends
As an AACSB Accredited Business School, the College of Business at UNT offers some of the country's finest programs with a wide range of concentrations. The Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising and Student Services is staffed with professional Academic Advisors and Academic Counselors that are responsible for the evaluation of transfer credit and course planning. They assist students with the understanding of university policies and regulations and reaching their academic goals.
The College of Business Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising and Student Services at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Academic Advisor to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Maintain accurate knowledge of admission policies and general catalog requirements.
* Maintain knowledge of COB curriculum professional field requirements and profuseness requirements.
* Maintain knowledge of DARS system.
* Maintain the upkeep of degree plans.
* Submit graduation packets to the Registrar's office in a timely manner.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and two years of experience in student affairs, student services, counseling, or professional academic advising.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Strong presentation skills.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to use a variety of complex computer applications.
* Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to work independently and lead project teams effectively.
* Considerable knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Strong public speaking and communication skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting