Job ID: 24534
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Department: EdD Leadership Program
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt I
Salary Range: $3,897/month - $6,647/month
FLSA status: Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to the Program Director, under general supervision, this position independently provides highly complex administrative support to the Director, faculty, students and staff.
This position is responsible for the program budget and office operations, maintaining the long-term fiscal continuity of the program and multiple funds. This position is responsible for analysis of operations, fiscal management, planning and administration of operational systems. This position also recommends to the director and faculty strategic choices and appropriate timing for program investment of resources. Responsibilities also include overseeing day-to-day administrative program operations.
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
-Experience with Filemaker Pro for the purpose of student admissions and data management
-Experience with budget management including reporting and projections
-Experience with office management including event planning, course scheduling, and providing customer service to all stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make projections using multiple sources of information
- Thorough knowledge of budget policies, procedures and practices with the ability to learn SJSU and CSU practices and procedures
- Ability to compile, write and present reports related to the program
- Thorough knowledge of software applications: word processing, spreadsheet and database management
- Ability to learn PeopleSoft and University financial transaction system
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-orientated environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, organize and plan work and projects
- Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgement
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communication with employees and external agencies
- Ability to quickly learn and apply a variety of state federal, CSU, and SJSU policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them
- Ability to analyze survey data
- Familiarity with survey tools/surveys
April 16, 2018
Application Screening begins May 1, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046