Administrative Analyst for the Associate Vice President, Transition and Retention Services
Job ID: 24532
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Department: Transition & Retention Service
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Non - Exempt
Salary Range: $3,288/month - $5,983/month
FLSA status: Non - Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Transition and Retention Services, the Administrative Analyst performs a full range of moderately complex to complex office and administrative support functions for the Transition and Retention Services programs. Working independently, under general supervision, the Administrative Analyst is primarily responsible for providing day to day administration of key office functions and performs a variety of administrative technical support to the Directors and staff as needed. In addition, this position is responsible for complex tasks and processes related to the unit's operational budget expenditures, provides analysis reports, absence time management tracking, fulfillment, travel, procurement processing, ensures inventory of property/equipment/supplies and supports operational unit activities related to Transition and Retention Services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists managers with the hiring processing and expense tracking of all student workers; state funding as well as federal work-study.
- Provides monthly student expense reports, student hour usage reports, and approval of student hours in accordance with University requirements. Attends and actively participates all the TRS administrative budget meetings.
- Serves as back up administrative support to secondary assigned unit, during administrative assistant absence, as reflected on the TRS Back-Up Administrative Assistant Workflow Chart.
- Works with student workers; regarding payroll, office resources, assigns tasks when necessary.
- Provide administrative support to the TRS programs. Oversees and coordinates day-to-day administrative operations including maintaining the AVP's Transition and Retention Services calendar, scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and monitors the security of the supply room.
- Performs administrative backup office support for other units in the departments as operational needs arise, including but not limited to functions such as: filing, photocopying, and collating; creating and printing fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, fliers, signs, and other documents; filling out various forms on an as required basis; and preparing meeting information.
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three years of progressively responsible professional administrative experience.
- Experience with CSU principles, methods, procedures, and practices related to administrative support and analysis
- Experience developing and interpreting PeopleSoft reports.
- Experience with (i.e. PeopleSoft, FileMaker Pro, Excel Spreadsheet) or comparable databases.
- Experience processing administrative transactions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to analyze budgetary data, conduct preliminary analyses, and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to compose correspondence and reports.
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- General knowledge or ability to learn databases and systems.
- Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to multi-task, working effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to perform accurately in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to learn and interpret data, policies and procedures and apply that knowledge to departmental decision making.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, organize work, and independently set priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills.
April 16, 2018
Application Screening begins May 4, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a driminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046