HVAC Mechanic - Technical Craft Specialist A (2 Positions Available)
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a HVAC Mechanic - Technical Craft Specialist A position. The HVAC Mechanic - Technical Craft Specialist A maintains College HVAC systems and performs specific functions on a paraprofessional level. The HVAC Mechanic exhibits knowledge and skills appropriate to the tasks of the assignment, exercises good judgment and maintains a professional manner.
The primary work location for this position is the College's Main campus. Assignments are based on the needs of the College.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Minimum two (2) years vocational or trade school training required.
• Five (5) years of professional work experience maintaining HVAC systems required.
• Valid City of Philadelphia Engineer's Grade “A” Operators License required.
• Valid CFC certification required.
• Valid driver's license required.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed, required.