Recruitment and Retention Specialist
Hyde Park Campus
83766 Shared Services
About the Unit
The Recruitment and Retention Specialist manages the posting process of staff positions, assists with posting of positions on external sites to expand the applicant pool, and reviews all staff exits to ensure compliance. The Recruitment and Retention Specialist orders background checks and conducts reference checks upon request from the hiring managers and HR Partners The Recruitment and Retention Specialist conducts exit interviews and collects data from the exit surveys.
- Provides consultation to and advises HR Partners on the posting process to ensure University policies and procedures and applicable employment laws are applied appropriately
- Researches inquiries from hiring managers, and HR Partners throughout campus and helps troubleshoot issues to provide timely resolution
- Works closely with other Human Resources Centers of Expertise, including Employee & Labor Relations, and Talent and Rewards to provide a high-level response to inquires
- Posts positions on external job boards per HR Partner's request
- Reviews positions in the applicant tracking system to ensure compliance and posts them both internally and externally
- Conducts references for internal and external new hires as requested by the local unit
- Responds to inquiries related to new hire process
- Orders, reviews and approves background checks, escalating issues to Employee and Labor Relations if background check cannot be cleared
- Reviews and approves employee exits in the human resources system
- Administers removal of access to systems during the quick closure request
- Conducts employee transition (exit) interviews, updates the surveys as needed, and prepares survey reports for CoE Leadership and local units
- Excellent customer service, communication (both oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Superior computer skills with online and/or cloud-based applications, as well as with common Microsoft Office software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets)
- Decision making skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to identify, understand and maintain confidential information
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Professional experience working within SaaS/CRM/ERP systems required
- Experience using applicant tracking systems preferred
- Experience creating educational HR resources and content preferred
All required documents must be submitted to be considered for this position
- Cover Letter
- Reference list
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/