Economic Development & Innovation Coordinator (Chicago)
Job Category: Academic Professional Academic Professional
Description: University of Illinois System
Vice President for Economic Development and Innovation
Economic Development and Innovation Coordinator
The System Offices seek an Economic Development and Innovation Coordinator to, support projects for the Office of the Vice President for Economic Development and Innovation and coordinate activities that promote economic development with a particular focus on the U of I System's connection with the Chicago entrepreneurial ecosystem and leveraging the U of I System's assets in regions across the state. Position requires a self-motivated, deadline oriented, creative thinker who is accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Coordinate projects, programs, and activities in support of the economic development mission of the University.
2. Support relationships with external partners, including attending conferences and events.
3. Assist in the internal and external follow-up and next steps of various programs and initiatives.
4. Provide leadership to ensure all aspects of large meetings and conferences are organized and conducted to maximize collaborative efforts and results, including coordination of event logistics.
5. Support activities related to planning, initiating, and administering high-profile meetings, projects, and special events, including coordination of event logistics, in support of economic development initiatives for the Office of the Vice President for Economic Development and Innovation. Coordinates project plans, cultivates effective working relationships with university and departmental officials/staff and other internal/external groups.
6. Coordinate a portfolio of short- and long-term projects and activities with minimal supervision, including compilation of information and materials, writing reports, and maintaining a timeline of activities.
7. Collect, track, and organize performance metrics, reports, and other available materials, and compile information with respect to economic development initiatives with a focus in Chicago.
8. Work with VPEDI staff to develop content for project materials, reports, and presentations.
9. Synthesize and disseminate outputs from meetings with internal and/or external stakeholders, including follow up.
10. Performs other duties as assigned as appropriate for a Coordinator.
Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree in business, engineering, public policy, or related/relevant field with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience. Other requirements include: demonstrated success in managing large projects and planning high-profile events; ability to work as part of a team; demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to learn quickly and adapt accordingly; outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with diverse, broad-based constituencies; exceptional oral and written communication skills, and relationship management skills with the ability to navigate various internal and external stakeholders and partnerships; proven self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision while exercising solid judgment and discretion; demonstrated organizational and multi-tasking skills to provide accurate, detail-oriented work that is appropriately prioritized to meet stringent deadlines and respond to matters of urgency; proficiency with Microsoft computer programs/applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Explorer); ability to comprehend and condense complicated subject matter for a variety of audiences to understand. Advanced degree in related field preferred.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by May 7, 2018 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
The System Offices conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
System Human Resource Services
The System Offices is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. The system offices welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Close Date: 05/07/2018