Requisition # 2018-8674
Department Chemical and Biological Eng
Category Administrative Support
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Faculty Assistant is responsible for providing academic, administrative, financial and research support for Chemical and Biological Engineering faculty members and their respective research groups. In addition to supporting specific faculty, other departmental administrative duties will be assigned by the Senior Manager of Finance and Administration as needed. This position will work on site in the Engineering Quad.
Duties may include:
- Make faculty and guest travel arrangements and process reimbursement requests.
- Scheduling assistance which includes managing calendars, appointment requests and meetings space reservations.
- Prepare and ship correspondence and laboratory materials for research groups.
- Course support: Assist with preparation and maintenance of Blackboard sites, including uploading course related materials, sending emails to students and ordering books.
- Conduct electronic searches using libraries on campus to search for, request and download journal articles, publications and books.
- Prepare and send correspondence on behalf of faculty.
- Assist faculty with research proposals, submission of papers for conferences, and working with outside companies.
- Proofreading and editing
- Maintain and reconcile monthly travel and expense credit cards.
- Purchasing and receiving of lab and office supplies.
- Plan and schedule conferences, receptions, seminars and meetings.
- Provide backup assistance to other support staff in the department.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Senior Manager of Finance and Administration.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
Detailed-oriented with a proactive approach
Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently
Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Experience working with faculty in a higher education environment
Experience with Blackboard, PeopleSoft and Concur software applications a plus, but not required
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.