Full-time Instructor - English - Early College High School
Minimum starting base salary is $45,000 annually plus a generous benefits package. Salaries may be adjusted higher commensurate with education and experience.
Full-time Instructor - English - Early College High School
Position: Full-time, Faculty, 9-month Academic position- English and/or Literature
Courses may Included: ENG 121, ENG 121, CCR 094, LIT 115, LIT 202, LIT 212
Full-time, tenure-track, benefited faculty position.
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The Early College High School program is a unique partnership between Aims Community College and Greeley-Evans School District 6. The Early College High School program gives high school students the opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts degree while subsequently earning a High School Diploma. This position is a full-time assignment at the Early College Academy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Interacting with students to provide opportunities to learn, creating conditions that facilitate learning, and using techniques and methods that create a high probability that learning will occur. To achieve such interaction, a teacher must possess three basic abilities:
Instructional Delivery: those human interactive skills and characteristics that make for clear communication of information, and promote learning through an effective learning environment.
1. Provide effective and high quality instruction of subject being taught.
2. Apply learning-centered educational practices such as creating and communicating clearly-defined outcomes for student learning.
3. Provide a diverse array of learning activities that directly tie to those defined outcomes.
4. Use assessment data to improve instruction and learning, and participate in an ongoing College-wide dialogue about teaching and learning.
5. Develop and refine department curriculum as necessary to maintain currency in pedagogy and content
Instructional Design Skills: Includes technical skills in designing, sequencing, and presenting experiences which promote student learning, and designing, developing, and implementing tools and procedures and procedures for assessing student-learning.
1. Use and develop appropriate computer-based technologies, including online instruction to promote student learning.
2. Design, develop and implement tools and procedures for assessing student-learning outcomes.
3. Adopt new teaching methodologies as appropriate.
4. Collaborate in the development and implementation of diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments of learning for students.
1. Implement department, division, and/or institutional goals as assigned.
2. Maintain office hours, turn in grades on time, meet assigned classes.
3. Perform advising duties.
4. Submits course syllabi and other required documents on time.
5. Manages the classroom facility.
6. Keeps accurate attendance and grade records.
7. Meets other professional obligations as stated in the Faculty Annual Plan and Evaluation.
Scholarly and Creative Activities (Professional Development) those endeavors related to a faculty member's teaching assignment that contribute to the discovery, dissemination, and practical application of knowledge and/or skill. The activities that may be required, as appropriate to the faculty member's teaching assignment, include the following:
1. Acquire and/or maintain certification.
2. Attend conferences, workshops, and/or training appropriate to one's field.
3. Complete coursework related to one's teaching assignment.
4. Create teaching methodology and instructional design.
5. Other activities that contribute to keeping current in the content field.
Other duties as assigned.
1. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
2. Master's degree in English, or a closely related discipline, from a regionally accredited institution.
2.Evidence of ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
1. 9-12 Secondary teaching experience
2. College teaching experience
3.Experience with concurrent enrollment or dual enrollment programs
4.Experience using technology in the classroom, or teaching online
Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/3057
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document