Billing Specialist (Student Accounts)
The Student Accounts Accounting Clerk is a full-time position responsible for assisting in the overall operations of student financial services, billing and receivables, and cashiering functions of the university. This role is responsible to facilitate student success through telephone outreach and inbound calls to attain successful completion of student financial obligations to the university. The Student Accounts Accounting Clerk ensures compliance with university, state, and federal regulations along with standard accounting procedures. This role requires timely and accurate processing of student accounts using Banner student information system, Customer Relationship Management and other system applications. This position works closely with the Records, Admissions, Enrollment and Financial Aid offices. This position is part of the Student Accounts office and reports directly to the Billing Supervisor in the SLC offices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support university retention and graduation goals through outreach and inbound telephone contact.
- Detailed billing via Banner Student Information System to accurately process student account information.
- Assists students with billing and accounts receivable questions and issues.
- Processes, prepares and applies student tuition installment agreements.
- Documents and updates all contact with students in the CRM.
- Assists in the overall operations of student financial services.
- Student financial counseling for financial literacy essential in daily workload.
- Performs work daily in a professional, friendly and efficient manner.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Ensures compliance with university, state and federal regulations and procedures.
- Regular attendance and work accountability is required.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensures Student Accounts work area is clean, organized and secure.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks on a frequent basis
- Ability to work independently, and collaborate in a team environment
- Knowledge of Banner software preferred
- Knowledge of SalesForce program preferred
- High School diploma
- 3 years of experience in accounting/customer service or related field
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Banner system, SalesForce, and federal financial aid regulations
- Experience in higher education
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States