Housekeeping Supervisor (Temp PT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Position Title: Housekeeping Supervisor (Temp PT)
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: REPOSTING This is a temporary part-time 25 hours/week position with option for medical benefits at full employee cost.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Salary Grade: N/A
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Temporary Part-Time
Job Slot: N/A
Job Open Date: 4/13/2018
Job Close Date: 4/27/2018
General Summary: Supervises housekeeping staff in day to day operations to provide clean, sanitary and attractive campus facilities in a cost-effective manner.
Requirements: Associates degree and a minimum of three years experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of general housekeeping procedures, housekeeping projects, cleaning techniques, contracts and products/chemicals. Ability to supervise, schedule and discipline a multi-member staff. Computer experience in Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Schedules and monitors work assignments for housekeeping staff.
- Inspects areas of responsibility to ensure completion of assignments.
- Provides on-site training and education for staff in areas of proper cleaning/housekeeping techniques, job efficiency, safety and health.
- Maintains adequate inventories.
- Reviews cleaning products and equipment for improvements in usage.
- Establishes and maintains product testing program.
- Prepares department capital equipment budget.
- Oversees set up of conference rooms, displays and other meeting rooms and events as requested.
- Administers applicable outside contractor services.
- Protects the assets of the institution through control of keys and the effective use of equipment and materials.
- Maintains campus Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), the Right-to-Know laws, and Hazardous Substance Survey forms.
- Communicates with faculty, administrative and professional staff.
- Selects and interviews candidates for open positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=169