AACSB and Marketing Coordinator
AACSB and Marketing Coordinator
(Administrative Analyst/Specialist – Non-Exempt)
Apply Today! Open until filled. Application Priority Screening Date Extended to April 24, 2018
Under the general supervision of the Dean of the College of Business (COB), and lead direction from the Senior Analyst, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) Administrative Analyst is responsible for providing research, data analysis and support for the COB accreditation process and for the development and growth of new and existing COB programs and degrees. For more information about the college, please visit: College of Business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Academic records and standards maintenance for AACSB Accreditation and Assessment of Learning (AOL) coordination: Establishes and maintains academic records and standards for AACSB accreditation including admission, continuing candidacy, academic honor code and related standards (e.g. prevention of sexual harassment, discrimination etc.), and graduation standards data sets using Hyperion or SEDONA. Analyzes and uploads to the external data warehouse all documents and data associated with AACSB. Ensures that AOL assessment for WASC, AACSB and other accrediting institutions is completed in a timely and comprehensive manner per the direction of the Dean and Director of Accreditation. Serves as point person, working with Director of Accreditation, on all data analysis, report preparation, accreditation website development and maintenance.
- Program marketing and website management: In collaboration with the Dean and department chairs, plans marketing strategies and coordinates marketing/program collateral preparation including upgrades, development, and maintenance of the COB website, and preparation of brochures, newsletters, videos and other marketing tools. Coordinates contract work done for print/video projects. Develops, maintains and coordinates COB’s online and social media content, presence and promotional activities.
- Event coordination: Leads the coordination of major events such as Greater Vision Event, symposia, conferences and workshops. Coordinates activities, events, program marketing and collateral preparation for the Institute of Innovation and Economic Development and other COB institutes and entities.
- Research and program data analysis: Conducts research and analysis for the COB on all program and degree-related issues as directed by the Dean (or designee). Selects rubrics, conducts demand studies, competitor analysis, contract research, and new program studies.
- External funding and program support: Assists with the preparation of grant proposals to government agencies, private foundations and other grant-funding organizations for COB existing programs, new programs and other initiatives.
- Customer service and records: Responds to COB participant needs assessments and problems and provides customer service as required; manages all COB operations records and documents; orders and replenishes inventory of equipment and supplies; performs other operational and coordination functions as directed by the Dean.
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge: Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty. Basic knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures. Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.
Abilities: Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques. Ability to organize and plan work and projects including handling multiple priorities. Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment. Ability to compile, write, and present reports related to program or administrative specialty. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit. Ability to learn, interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting the applicable program, organizational unit, and/or administrative specialty.
General knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
Demonstrated experience with complex spreadsheets, relational databases and data query tools. Comprehensive knowledge or the ability to quickly learn CSUMB’s office and database software including Hyperion, SEDONA, or similar software. Outstanding skills in planning, programming and program execution.
Knowledge of AACSB procedures and documentation. Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree AND five years of technical or administrative experience. A graduate degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience. Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in addition to analytical and integration skills. Additional experience, which has demonstrated the requisite skills/abilities, may be substituted for required education on a year-for-year basis. Experience in information retrieval and data presentation and reporting. Technical fluency with Banner, Oracle/PeopleSoft, CSU Common Management System or equivalent student information system; seven years of advanced experience in Microsoft Office Professional Suite; experience with Google mail and calendaring programs, and data query tools such as Hyperion or SEDONA software.
Ability to: work independently to support programs; make constructive recommendations for modifications or improvements of methods, procedures, techniques or programs; organize and direct work flow for smooth and effective operation; work effectively with various campus constituencies at all levels and in sensitive situations; assume responsibility and initiative, prioritize emerging issues, and manage concurrent multiple tasking; maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse, multi–cultural environment.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
- The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
- This position has been designated as a sensitive position with access to and responsibility for detailed personally identifiable Level 1 confidential information about students, faculty, staff or alumni that is protected, personal or sensitive as defined in the CSU Information Security Data Classification Standards.
- This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
- Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University's liability coverage.
- May require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. Requires travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
Anticipated hiring salary in the high $3,000's/ to the low $4,000's per month. For salary range info see: CSU Salary Schedule. CSUMB offers an attractive employee benefits package, CSU Benefits R09. The University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay also provides access to affordable campus housing, Employee Housing.
READY TO APPLY FOR THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
If so, please visit: AACSB and Marketing Coordinator at http://csumb.peopleadmin.com/postings/4054. Also, see how CSU Monterey Bay is Doing What Matters! at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THTBSqSss3U.
For full consideration, submit the required documents by 5:00 p.m. on the priority screen date listed above. For assistance or if you require an accommodation, please call (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura and Antle Family Memorial Library (map).
CSU Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to: Age, Disability, Race or Ethnicity, Gender, Gender Identity or Expression, Nationality, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Genetic Information, Veteran or Military Status.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.