Clerk III (CLOSING DATE EXTENDED)
American River College
Clerk III (CLOSING DATE EXTENDED)
Job Posting Number: C00535P
Salary: $3,080.60 per month
Closing Date: 4/19/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6555
Under minimal oversight, incumbents perform a variety of complex clerical tasks. Incumbents typically are assigned to service areas where they serve as the primary clerical support; incumbents assigned to instructional area offices serve as the primary clerical support in the absence of the administrative assistant. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Science department.
• Answers telephones, delivers messages, and prepares meeting rooms.
• Communicates with students, faculty, staff, and the public to disseminate or explain information.
• Assists with student enrollment at peak periods.
• Reviews files, records, and other documents to respond to requests and inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and the general public to provide information on services, policies, and procedures, and refer to other campus programs or departments as appropriate.
• Compiles, assembles, copies, sorts, and files documents, records of office activities, transactions, etc., appropriate to the department
• Computes, records, updates, and proofreads data, schedules, and other information, and assist with completing reports.
• Processes and posts outgoing mail and distributes incoming mail, packages, and other materials, and tracks postage meter usage.
• Arranges for office equipment servicing and maintenance.
• Inventories and orders office supplies.
• Composes letters, purchase orders, reports, and other correspondence, inputs purchase requisition information.
• Assists in the recruitment, training, and oversight of temporary employees.
• Maintains campus information and District forms.
• Completes requisitions, obtains bids and quotes for contracts and maintenance agreements, and follows-up with vendors on invoices or purchase orders.
• Completes work schedules and arranges appointments.
• Attends staff meetings and workshops as required.
• Assists students and staff with problems, testing requirements, services, and/or records.
• Arbitrates complaints/concerns and if necessary, refers such issues to appropriate person.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Type 40 nwpm. Typing test/certificate required.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Two years of general clerical experience including one year equivalent to Clerk II with the Los Rios Community College District. (One year of college level business and clerical course work may be substituted for one year of required experience).
Promotional: One year of experience in Los Rios CCD performing clerical duties at the level of Clerk II; OR, six months as an Administrative Assistant I. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.