Irrigation Technician, Highlands Ranch Golf Course (005128)
The irrigation technician is to maintain the irrigation equipment located at Highlands Ranch Golf Club. This equipment can include sprinklers, water lines, pumps, suction devices, valves and other plumbing equipment. This equipment can sometimes be buried underground and must be excavated to be maintained, so irrigation technicians should be comfortable working with digging equipment such as backhoes, shovels and augers. The irrigation technician reports to the golf course superintendent.
- Perform the operation, installation, maintenance and repair of manual, semi-automatic and automatic irrigation systems.
- Install, maintain and repair drainage system.
- Requires working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including automatic valves and controllers and various typed of pumps and pumping systems.
- Requires leadership capabilities.
The following list provides examples of the most typical duties for positions in this job class. Individual positions may not include all of the examples listed, nor does the list include all of the work that may be assigned to positions in this job class.
- Installs new drip and sprinkler systems.
- Removes old systems and recovers reusable equipment.
- Sets and maintains times on computer and electronic valve clocks; troubleshoots computerized electronic systems, irrigation controllers, solenoid valves, and heads of all types.
- Maps systems for golf course master plans; may review or make changes to current specifications.
- May instruct others in minor irrigation repairs.
- Operates tractors and trenchers to install/repair lines.
- May assist in coordination with other departments or outside contractors.
- Performs other general grounds keeping and maintenance duties as needed and requested by golf course superintendent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Machines or equipment used by the position: tractor and backhoe, trenching equipment, mowing equipment, utility carts, general golf course maintenance equipment.
- Perform irrigation audits
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages.
- Familiarity with financial concepts such as budget development.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- In the absence of the golf course superintendent or assistant superintendent will supervise part time employees.
- Valid drivers license with the ability to be insured under the University's insurance policy.
- High school diploma or GED diploma
- Two years of underground lawn sprinkler system repair and installation experience or similar
Previous golf course experience
- Monday - Sunday, must be able to work weened mornings
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Resume or application
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
- Offer of employment is based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check and Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).