We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Data Architect
The Data Architect is a subject matter expert and maintains a detailed knowledge of content, its underlying data, how it is used as well as its interrelationship between core elements of the various data repositories for EWU. The Data Architect will consult with various lines of business, information technology, Institutional Research, operations and development staff to design and implement scripts, programs, databases and analyses that will support our teams to help drive a competitive advantage in our market. The Data Architect is responsible for the supporting the overall architecture, design, and development of the EWU Data Warehouse. This position is responsible for the overall design of the enterprise-wide data/information architecture.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
This is an open recruitment; three days' notice will be provided prior to closure of recruitment.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- Ability to lift 15 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and sit as needed for office and computer work.
- Wrist and hand movements required as needed for keyboarding.
- Ability to be mobile, campus wide for appropriate business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Analyst, Data Warehouse Architect or similar role
- Bachelor's degree in business or information technology or related discipline. Substantial experience may be substituted for formal education
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles, gathering and analyzing system requirements, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
- Proven analytical skills and problem-solving attitude
- Expertise in SQL and Oracle with Four years of experience developing in SQL and PL/SQL
- Expertise with ETL processes, development, data management, data flows, data relationships, and data quality standards and processes
- Expertise with data warehouse and ETL Tools
- Experience working with multiple modern development languages and practices
- 5+ years of experience implementing, managing and administering complex, enterprise wide systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including high proficiency in MS Excel
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Experience in using a well-structured life cycle management process for implementation of changes in applications
- Knowledge and experience working in a higher education and/or financial environment with areas dealing with information systems management and support systems
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated abilities in each of the following areas:
- Working independently
- Prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively communicate in both spoken and written form to diverse constituencies, both technical and non-technical