Salary: $70,524.00 - $86,688.00 annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Stockton, CA
Department: Information Technology
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform complex systems analysis duties in the development, implementation and support of information systems.
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement object-oriented software-programming applications; resolve complex and ambiguous issues relative to responsibility.
- Define systems requirements based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, platforms and databases.
- Monitor, design and implement new systems and services as the request of the user community as part of the information technology project teams..
- Analyze user information system needs; recommend solutions and appropriate technology to meet client needs.
- Design and program application systems using the District's standard application development tools and procedures; participate in District-wide projects as a team member.
- Design and develop reporting solutions incorporating specialized data, extraction methods, and formatting.
- Provide ongoing technical support to users of several software packages and hardware components.
- Document the functionality and requirements of automated information systems; create user guides and manuals for system users; assist in training users as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for information systems projects to a variety of internal and external committees.
- Consult with vendors regarding purchased software packages.
- Advise management regarding information technology related issues.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of information systems.
- Perform forensic analysis of computer systems; recover, restore systems and/or data and/or databases from backup.
- Provide technical support to project team members as well as lead and direct the work of others.
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Advanced principles of object orient programming, database analysis, data modeling, object oriented database system analysis.
- Advanced operational characteristics of a variety of computer platforms and operating systems.
- Advanced principles and practices of computer science and information systems.
- Advanced principles and practices of information systems programming.
- Advanced principles and practices of software troubleshooting.
- Advanced methods and techniques used in the installation, trouble shooting and maintenance of information systems.
- Design, develop, implement and support computer systems, application, servers, computer operations, reports and web portals.
- Support and/or install software applications/operating systems (Windows Server, Linux Server), and databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySql, Postgres).
- Define systems requirements based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems or platforms.
- Design, develop and maintain information systems, software and web based applications.
- Evaluate various technologies and adopt one that suits business and academic needs.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Support and/or install software applications/operating systems.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of community college students and staff.
- Sit for prolonged periods of time; extensive use of a computer keyboard.
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/deltacollege/
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.