Associate Dir, Perf Analytics
The Associate Director of Performance Analytics, reporting directly to the Director of Performance Analytics, facilitates all aspects of data analytics to enhance the student experience and cross-functional operations of the Fox School of Business's graduate and undergraduate programs. The incumbent will harness data to use as the basis for informed decision-making across the value chain. This includes responsibility for the data collection, processing, and analysis; and communication of meaningful insights to support optimization and efficiency across Marketing, Enrollment Management, Programs, Academic Departments, Curriculum Management and Assessment, Student Experience and Alumni Engagement, and Rankings. The Associate Director will assist with identifying, defining, and managing analytics projects; delivering high quality results on appropriate timelines; and routinely report on project statuses. Projects include database, modeling, and dashboard development needs along with report and analysis requests. S/he will collaborate on the design, and execute the development, deployment, and maintenance of creative data and analytics solutions to complex data and business processes.
The Associate Director of Performance Analytics will work with others in the Performance Analytics and Student Experience teams and may hire, train, or lead student workers or other staff. The incumbent may also deliver presentations or trainings to staff, faculty, or students. Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and at least four (4) years of experience in related areas that includes working with relational databases, data models, and data management; creating effective reports and dashboards; and basic familiarity with least one programming language. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Strong skill in statistical and other analysis, and manipulation of large datasets
* Familiarity with data storage and report-building tools such as Salesforce reports, Cognos reports Workspace, Microsoft Power BI or Access, and/or Ellucian Banner
* Excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skill in Microsoft Excel
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and problem solve both independently and as part of a team, across multiple levels, units and divisions.
* Demonstrated customer service skills along with the ability to interact with a diverse group of stakeholders.
* Ability to travel between campuses
* Ability to work nights, evenings and/or weekends, as necessary Preferred:
* Degree or other training in statistical science, information systems, software engineering, or business
* Experience or familiarity with technical application development and system design
* Knowledge of survey design principles
* Knowledge of user experience and user interface design principles
* Proficiency in SQL, M, DAX, or VBA
* Experience with R, STATA or SPSS
* Experience in higher education administration Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact. To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/ You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.