Assistant Athletic Trainer
Job ID: 5553 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
Duties include prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries to athletes (male and females) participating in Miami University Intercollegiate Athletic program. Supervision of student athletic trainers in clinical and educational setting and possibly teaching courses in the athletic training curriculum. In addition, duties will include maintaining medical records, travel with specific teams, coverage of specific practices and home contest and providing services at camps.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
1. Supervise the scheduling of pre-participation physical examinations and health appraisals.
2. Prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries under the direction of the Head Athletic Trainer and Team Physician
3. Provide medical coverage for practices and contests as designated.
4. Supervise the medical coverage of teams as designated
5. Provide medical coverage for home practices and contests as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer
6. Communicate the status of injured athletes to the Head Athletic Trainer and respective coaches, acting as a liaison between physician, athletes, coaches, and the Head Athletic Trainer
7. Communicate and coordinate, with respective coaches, current health care standards and implementation of medical policies.
8. Assist in recruiting of prospective student trainers.
9. Assist in supervision of athletic training students in educational and clinical settings.
10. Providing services at camps.
11. Maintain certification in the National Athletic Trainers' Association
12. Maintain State of Ohio Licensure as an athletic trainer
13. Assure that all appropriate NCAA rules and regulations are followed as they apply to the sports medicine program
14. Participate in departmental activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled meetings.
15. Participate in activities as requested by the Miami Red and White Club.
16. Perform other duties as assigned by the athletic administration
Certification by the National Trainers Association, meet qualifications to be licensed as an athletic trainer in the State of Ohio. Bachelor's Degree Successful experience as an undergraduate student athletic trainer
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.