Associate Director Budget Operations
2nd senior administrative official in line responsible for directing a dept or sub-division and reports to a Director.
This position is responsible for implementing a University-wide position management system. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Create, design, document and implement position management process in Budget.
- Performs independent and advanced level support for position management and financial/budget analysis maintenance for university budget.
- Heavy focus on reviewing, tracking, maintaining, analyzing and updating over 5,000 university positions in a timely fashion.
- Serves as primary contact and performs budget or direct retro to adjust prior period employee pay.
- Support for complex budget projects; prepares operational budgets for various departments; recommends changes to systems and procedures to ensure conformance with budgetary provisions; other related tasks as required.
- Develop and run SAS reports for the department.
- Assist as needed in SAS training and help users campus-wide in developing and running reports.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of related work experience.
- Master's degree in related field
- Advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials, HCM (Human Capital Management) and SAS reporting
- Knowledge of Governmental accounting
- Effective organizational skills, time management and communication skills
- Higher Education policies and procedures